+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 78 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

One of my best friends from H.S. was beaten with a belt and her sisters. This would have been the same time frame as the Jacksons when they were young. Times were very different then, we did not hear much about child abuse. But it was wrong then just as it is now.
    There's no place like home!

I remember my mother telling us about the beatings she and her siblings took from my grandfather. I just couldn't believe that the loving, gentle man that I knew could have ever done such a thing. That type of discipline was more accepted then (although not right) and I believe that most people mellow with age. I also know that my mother was totally against any kind of corporal punishment and she also never left us with her father.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3573424;
    Easy on Joe..he's grieving the loss of the "superstar" he produced..
    Of all the skin -crawling stuff Joe said, that was easily the very worst.
    Asked if he was grieving for his son--and he talks about griving for the superstar he created.

I had to turn the sound off aftr that. Though I did turn it back on to see what other awful stuff Joe would say.

Based on how some of the questions seemed to confuse him I'd say that his memory is not all there.

And I can't imagine that any of the other Jacksons think that letting Joe loose for an hour-long interview that will be aired in prime time was the very best thing to do.

And when he talked about "Turning Michael's kids into The Jackson Three"--my stomach actually lurched.

Can someone please take him behind the woodshed and beat him with his own belt?
    (and I am primarily a non-violent person but he seems to bring out the worst in me.)

Also--I thought the comments about Michael's drug use were eye-opening.

Joe claims he "had no idea" that Michael used drugs" and one of Michael's former employees said that "If the Jackson Family had paid any attention to Michael in the past two years they would have no doubts about Michael's heavy drug use."

This is all so sad--but I can't turn away from it--not yet.
    Though trying not to vomit while listening to Joe came very close to getting me to shut off the tv.

I saw the first couple of minutes. Joe looked his usual dazed, pompous, evil self.
    The interviewer, Chris Connelly, came off pretty dazed and pompous, too. That was just the first 4 minutes. I could take it no longer and turned to a repeat of SVU.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

A somewhat eerie and prophetic piece from FEBRUARY of this year.

Stupid Celebrities Gossip » Ill Michael Jackson Asks Sister Janet Jackson To Care For His Children (Photos)

Here's just a piece of it...

“Michael is in bad shape,” a friend stated. “He has respiratory problems, heart palpitations, is losing weight rapidly and is now worried that he may have contracted the killer flesh-eating disease. He has begged Janet to look after the kids.”

It’s said that his health issues started soon after his last plastic surgery.

“He’s been visiting a Beverly Hills clinic receiving antibiotics through an intravenous drip,” disclosed the pal. “Michael has difficulty walking, often has to use a wheelchair and spends most of his days in bed, at the doctor’s office or in the bathroom.

“His sole companion is his longtime nanny Grace Rwaramba. Michael knows Grace loves the kids, but doesn’t think she can cope with them on her own.

“Debbie, mother of Prince and Paris, has been out of the children’s lives and only sees them rarely. Janet sees them all the time and is more like a mother to them than anyone.”

“Family members have offered to help, but he’s afraid of the children being exploited. The only family member he trusts is Janet.”
    Aside from the eerie stuff about his alleged concerns about dying, the thing about Janet is interesting because of a new rumor...

Tidbits: Jackson’s kids want to live with Janet - Tabloid Tidbits- msnbc.com

Jackson’s kids want to live with sister Janet

By Ree Hines
    msnbc.com contributor
    updated 9:09 p.m. ET, Wed., July 15, 2009

Next week’s courtroom showdown, in which Michael Jackson’s mother, Katherine Jackson, and ex-wife Debbie Rowe are expected to vie for temporary custody of two of the late pop star’s children, could come with an unexpected twist.

According to a new report, the kids in question, Prince Michael, 12, and Paris-Michael Katherine, 11, along with their 7-year-old brother Prince Michael II (aka Blanket), have made their own decision. They want their late father's sister, Janet Jackson, to raise them.

“Janet has completely bonded with those children in the last two weeks,” a family friend revealed to OK! magazine. “She has been their rock. It’s clear to everyone that they are looking to her for comfort and guidance.”
    Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Though Michael Jackson named his 79-year-old mother as the guardian of choice in a 2002 will, a source assured the magazine that Janet Jackson, 43, is prepared to step in if she’s the children’s choice.

“Janet is not only willing to raise those children, she is also the only relative who knows how to protect them,” the source explained. “Janet knows the value of a private life and knows how to keep her personal life out of the news. She is determined to do that for Michael’s children. She is saying that he would want no less for them, pointing out how far he went to shelter them.”

The custody hearing is scheduled to take place at Los Angeles Superior Court on July 20.
    Some people might doubt all of this simply because no new will was produced for any of this. After all, if he DID think he was dying, why wouldn't he attend to all of this? But I can easily see a scenario with Janet putting off giving Michael an answer if he really asked her something like this, so he didn't have an "excuse" to go into a decline.
    Last edited by Krom; 07-16-2009 at 03:17 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Janet Jackson of the infamous supposedly accidental "wardrobe malfunction" at the Superbowl (viewed by millions of children)?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Is there some serious school of thought that it actually wasn't an accident? Why? She's not insane.

The facts as I recall were that something WAS supposed to be ripped off her, but it wasn't supposed to ALL come off.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3579130;
    Is there some serious school of thought that it actually wasn't an accident? Why? She's not insane.

The facts as I recall were that something WAS supposed to be ripped off her, but it wasn't supposed to ALL come off.
    I agree with you Krom - I've always thought it was an accident too that complete nudity was revealed. It really bugged me that she got all the heat and Justin Timberlake, who is the one who ripped it, didn't catch any flack. Not that he meant to pull it all off either but Janet was the only one who seemed to be in trouble for it.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Besides that, its always seemed to me to be absolute bullcrap that the mere sight of a piece of female anatomy was supposed to have traumatized millions of children, whereas seeing people beat each other half to death in Wrestling matches isn't supposed to be all that big a deal.

It's a boob. If its a girl child, she's likely to aspire someday to have them. If its a boy child, he's likely to aspire someday to touch them. So they saw one a bit early? BIG deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3579515;
    I agree with you Krom - I've always thought it was an accident too that complete nudity was revealed. It really bugged me that she got all the heat and Justin Timberlake, who is the one who ripped it, didn't catch any flack. Not that he meant to pull it all off either but Janet was the only one who seemed to be in trouble for it.
    And what's also interesting is that Justin Timberlake has totally modeled his on-stage performances on MJ.
    ITA that Janet took way too much flack with none to Justin and the final result was definitely not what had been planned.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 07-16-2009 at 10:46 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread