+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by Oompaloopa;3526931;
    I loved Michael and was always supportive of him during the child molestation accusations. Eccentric and off beat? Sure - but never an abuser of children! I never once thought he was guilty of the charges and think he was set up by money-hungry people who used his child-like personality against him at the height of his career and when he was most vulnerable.

Both Micheal and Farrah will be missed, they were beautiful people with great hearts. Sure puts life into perspective. Hope their losing their lives helps me to not take mine for granted and make it count for something - something meaningful.
    I love your post. It totally echoes my thoughts. He was a sweet and gentle soul who was taken advantage of by a lot of people. Farrah was a very courageous and beautiful person.
    Life is so fleeting and so often consumed with pettiness. I, too, hope their loss will inspire me in mine.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Premium Member

May you find peace, Michael. Your music will live on.

I'm so sad right now. Michael Jackson's Thriller was the first music album I bought at age 10, having saved my allowance all throughout the summer. And oh, how I loved it. I remember trying to do the moonwalk with my brother, the operative word being trying, and staying up late at night to watch the Grammy Awards because Michael was going to perform. He was a great talent and I was sorry when in later years his eccentriccities seemed to be overshadowing all he had worked so hard for.

RIP Michael Jackson. My condolences to his children and his family.

I remember my first slow dances in junior high to "Hey There Lonely Girl". Rest in peace, Michael.
    Count your blessings!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Still stunned over this. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah and now Michael??? What a sad week this has been. Hard to imagine a world without Michael in it, no matter how eccentric he was. May he rest in peace.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

As many others, my sorrow is for the children. I don't know how much of a "normal" life they had, but I hope that somehow they will get through this. I wonder what Michael provided for them in the event that he passed away before they grew up. I hope they receive a good family life. It's so uncertain.

A huge legend has passed. What sad shocking news. Michael was the icon of pop music, and he started singing when he was 9 years old.
    RIP, Michael. Prayers to your family.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Such a sad situation. NO matter what you thought of him in his present era, he was a true icon when he was younger. I loved his music back in the day. Hate the person he turned out to be. But, I'm still saddened by this news. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I always wanted hair like Farrah and to dance like Michael.

R.I.P. Michael - farewell as you moonwalk through those pearly gates.

MRD

I was shocked, but I havebn't followed him in years. Watching the coverage last night, they showed so many clips from the Jackson 5, The Jackson's to his solo career and I was struck by how nice looking he was. There was nothing wrong with his looks back in the 80's and then they showed a photo of how he looked recently and while I know how he looked, it was shocking compared to all the old clips. Why did he do that to himself? Tortured soul? Yes.
    I was also struck by something else I found amazing being an MTV fan. They did not play any black artist videos for the first 2 years they were on the air. It was Michael Jackson and Thriller that changed all that. What is so shocking to me is that music was one of the first places to end racial segregation and yet MTV didn't play video's by black acts. Just weird.

I loved Thriller and a lot of his other stuff. Ben was a favorite and I still have the sheet music from when I used to play it on the piano.

He had a lot of talent, he did change the music industry, he contributed some songs that are classics, but he became such a bizarre figure and what's sad is that is what people will remember.

I hope his demons are at rest now. I am shocked and saddened, but I had not been a fan in a long time. However, the early music before all the bizarre behavior got out of hand will be stuff I will always listen too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread