+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 78 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

FORT Fanatic

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Also, Joe was accompanied by another Jackson attorney,(not sure whose attorney) young guy, who said he would speak for the family. I think the interview was done with Don Lemon (CNN). I haven't seen this attorney since.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Back to the kids not having much connection w/the Jackson family; Stuart Jackson (I think that's his name) made the claim as did the nanny (Genevieve? Real pretty with tight curls.) The kids had made friends of Michael's associates kids, but not their own cousins. I'm sure they probably saw some of them (Janet & he were always close), but Michael apparently avoided all family functions.

For now, the kids are better off with Kathryn in the short-term. And she should always have a major part of their lives. HOWEVER, permanent custody is just too dangerous with Joe around. Unfortunately African American women have a high risk of dementia according to my sister who's a geriatric nurse, and how is anyone to know if Kathryn becomes ill - physically or mentally - that someone else in that family won't use her "authority" to undermine those kids' lives.

They need to be with someone fairly normal. Rebbie or Jermaine are the only Jackson's I would trust after Kathryn.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3556574;
    Back to the kids not having much connection w/the Jackson family; Stuart Jackson (I think that's his name) made the claim as did the nanny (Genevieve? Real pretty with tight curls.) The kids had made friends of Michael's associates kids, but not their own cousins. I'm sure they probably saw some of them (Janet & he were always close), but Michael apparently avoided all family functions.

For now, the kids are better off with Kathryn in the short-term. And she should always have a major part of their lives. HOWEVER, permanent custody is just too dangerous with Joe around. Unfortunately African American women have a high risk of dementia according to my sister who's a geriatric nurse, and how is anyone to know if Kathryn becomes ill - physically or mentally - that someone else in that family won't use her "authority" to undermine those kids' lives.

They need to be with someone fairly normal. Rebbie or Jermaine are the only Jackson's I would trust after Kathryn.
    The nanny's name is Grace. As an African-American female I'll look up the dementia. I'm sure Katherine has household help, so someone will know if she gets ill. Jermaine, not too sure how stable---7 kids, 3 with Hazel Gordy (Berry's) daughter, but he also married his brother Marlon's ex and has kids with her. Think he's been married 4 times. Rebbie did marry her childhood sweetheart from Gary. I'm not sure why everyone thinks Joe has such a role, they've been separated over 10 years, he has a 34 yr. old daughter in las Vegas with him. None of the kids really mention him.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Exactly I get the idea Joe is not close to his kids or wife.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3556116;
    I missed what Joe Jackson said on the red carpet of the BET Awards. I know it wasn't good but can someone please tell me exactly what he said? Thanks!
    Hi, Ginger. Just to add some perspective to what other people said about Joe Jackson at the BET Awards, he was asked a specific question about how the family was holding up by Don Lemon of CNN -- it was maybe the 3rd question in -- and Joe brushed it off and introduced his business partner and started talking about their new venture. It was obscene.

The next day Anderson Cooper had one of Joe's buddies on -- it may have been Sharpton -- who tried to claim that Joe was asked specifically what else he was up to and Anderson cut him right off and said something to the effect of 'We saw the tape earlier. He was asked no such thing.'

I also think the first question Lemon asked Joe was 'How are you holding up?' and Joe said 'Great'. Does anyone else remember that?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Wow oh wow....thanks everyone for the info on Joe Jackson...it sounds like he is the one with early signs of dementia. The only thing I heard from Joe Jackson was when asked about Debbie Rowe, he said...."Debbie Rowe? Debbie Rowe ain't got nothing to do with this", which I thought was pretty funny.
    Interesting information on Jermaine Jackson, does anyone know the scoop on the brother who works as a mechanic that was not part of the Jackson 5? And who is the most stable of the siblings in regards to living a normal life just going to work and raising a family and staying out of the limelight not trying to capitalize off the family name?

FORT Fogey

And little Paris? For all the sympathy and "gee she broke my heart" talk being generated over her appearance, its a double edged sword, now isn't it? People HAVE to be asking themselves if the Jackson family can't just help themselves and would eventually parade her around, Bindi Irwin style.
    Joe was on GMA today, and already mentioning a possible career in entertainment for Michael's kids:

Meanwhile, Joe Jackson told ABC that he and his wife, Katherine, should have custody of Michael's three children. "They'll grow up to be strong Jacksons," he said.

He said Michael's daughter, Paris, who spoke at the Tuesday memorial service, was taking the death hard and was crying whenever Michael's name is mentioned. He said that she might have a future in the entertainment business along with the youngest son, nicknamed Blanket, who "can really dance."
    LAPD: Michael Jackson's drug history to be probed - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by MizDaisy; 07-10-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Kiz

I didn't see the original BET broadcast, and reading all of this made me curious. You can watch the video by doing a search for Joe Jackson 2009 BET Awards. It should bring up a link to the interview (we can't post the link on here, but it's a common one most of you should recognize). While everyone expresses grief in their own way, and it's obvious that Joe Jackson is a little hard of hearing and is sometimes befuddled, this man makes my skin crawl. I know I'm biased because of all the reports of child abuse leveled against him, but he comes across as a cold hearted publicity hound (at least to me).
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

FORT Fanatic

I can't figure which works as a mechanic (Randy) the bald one. Then another works at a grocery store as a stocker? Probably most stable Rebbie, Janet and Jermaine I guess.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is there another sister (name unknown), who is not in the business, whom you never hear about? I don't know where I'm getting this idea, but I could have sworn that I've heard about her. Maybe not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread