+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Despite all the baggage and weirdness that came with him, Michael was one of the greatest performers and musicians at least in my lifetime. Just sitting here trying to think of a favorite song of his is impossible because there are just too many.

He will be missed greatly.

I've been watching CNN and Anderson Cooper's nonstop coverage. I haven't felt so bad over a celebrity's death in quite some time, but Michael's music and life really touched me and, obviously, a lot of others. I can't wait until the Real Housewives Reunion goes on so I can take my mind off of all of this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3526841;
    I've been watching CNN and Anderson Cooper's nonstop coverage. I haven't felt so bad over a celebrity's death in quite some time, but Michael's music and life really touched me and, obviously, a lot of others. I can't wait until the Real Housewives Reunion goes on so I can take my mind off of all of this.
    My first concert was the Jackson five "looking through the window" tour I was 9 years old. The older girls began screaming and fainting. I just stood never taking my eyes off of Michael until the screaming girls rushed the stage and the Jackson five had to run off stage ending the concert. A reenactment of that was in the movie about the Jackson five.

I also went to the Thriller concert I won front row seats from the local radio station. I am so sad tonight as they play all the songs on the radio I have memories of good and bad times from every song.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just heard someone on CNN compare this to the death of Anna Nicole: it's a shock, but not a surprise. He's looked so frail for so long. I wondered how he was going to get through those 50 shows in London.

I wasn't his biggest fan in later years, but the Jackson 5 was part of the soundtrack of my childhood, as was Off the Wall. He lived such a strange life. Maybe he will finally be at peace now.

I wonder who will get custody of the children now. I know their mother signed away parental rights, so it won't be her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I loved Michael and was always supportive of him during the child molestation accusations. Eccentric and off beat? Sure - but never an abuser of children! I never once thought he was guilty of the charges and think he was set up by money-hungry people who used his child-like personality against him at the height of his career and when he was most vulnerable.

Both Micheal and Farrah will be missed, they were beautiful people with great hearts. Sure puts life into perspective. Hope their losing their lives helps me to not take mine for granted and make it count for something - something meaningful.
    "Never Give Up" ~~~Winston Churchill

Kao

I wonder who is going to get the children AND the rights to the CD he was getting ready to release to coincide with the London Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3526917;
    the Jackson 5 was part of the soundtrack of my childhood, as was Off the Wall. He lived such a strange life. Maybe he will finally be at peace now.
    Same here. He was such a lost soul. I hope he's found his peace. MTV is running his videos all night.
    CYA

I never was a Michael Jackson fan, however I do think his contribution to and impact on music is great. He had a great amount of talent. Too bad that his personal life overshadowed that in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;3526996;
    I never was a Michael Jackson fan, however I do think his contribution to and impact on music is great. He had a great amount of talent. Too bad that his personal life overshadowed that in the end.
    I can appreciate what you're saying and I don't think Michael's musical and humanitarian contributions will ever be forgotten. At least I hope they won't.
    CYA

I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan, but there is no doubt he was a musical legend, and everyone deserves peace in death..of course I'm sad, for his friends and family and fans and everyone who loved him..he will be missed for sure..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread