+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 78 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Was the song she sang called, "Will You Be There?"? It has a haunting melody and they had Michael "talking" the lyrics(?) in the background. I could have done without the Happy Hands Club behind her.
    Count your blessings!

I enjoyed the memorial. I had to watch online at work. Paris had me sitting in my cubicle sobbing. I really lost it with Usher getting choked up.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Brooke Shields' segment and Paris' spontaneous speech both made me break down in tears. And also J Hud's performance of "Will You Be There." That has always been one of my very favorite songs; her voice made it soar.

(The only iffy moment for me was when Mariah started to sing "Never Can Say Goodbye." You can't touch that, Mimi! But she backed off it with a quickness so it was okay.)

My son just rolled his eyes at me when I got emotional explaining how the memorial went, etc. He doesn't really know grief to the extent that I do. He was too young to remember his sister passing away, and my mother as well. When my grandmother died last year, he stood tall and didn't really get sad. I told him I feel for MJ's family and his friends. I know what it feels like to lose someone who meant the world to you so I almost want to take away their pain. That is why I get so emotional, not because I personally have anything to miss........ it's just very hard to see others have so much grief for any reason.

I think my hormones must be off or something!!!

My bad completely on a side note here..... JH did sing Will You Be There. Duh me.
    Last edited by buglover; 07-07-2009 at 07:43 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Kiz

Jennifer sang early in the service. There's a link to her singing Will You Be There on the msnbc web site main page, as well as links to other parts of the service. It's worth a listen, if you haven't seen it. It was a beautiful rendition.
    Last edited by Kiz; 07-07-2009 at 07:55 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

The memorial is being shown right now on Much Music in Canada.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3550378;
    Brooke Shields' segment and Paris' spontaneous speech both made me break down in tears. And also J Hud's performance of "Will You Be There." That has always been one of my very favorite songs; her voice made it soar.

(The only iffy moment for me was when Mariah started to sing "Never Can Say Goodbye." You can't touch that, Mimi! But she backed off it with a quickness so it was okay.)
    Unfortunately, I only saw half of the memorial, from Brooke Shields' speech on, but I thought it was beautiful and a fitting tribute to Michael. Paris sobbing at the end was just gut wrenching. I felt so bad for the kids.

Will miss Michael.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I never gave Michael Jackson a second thought for years.
    It's such a shame it's taken his death for me to reconnect with his music and realize just how many of his songs I loved.

I thought the Memorial service was great. I cried during Brooke's speech and during Al Sharpton's and started all over agains when Paris spoke.

I'll miss him.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I had to laugh when Debbie Rowe said she didn't go to the memorial because she thought the press coverage of her would be ""an unnecessary distraction". Of course, everyone would forget about Michael and focus on her...
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I didn't see the beginning but saw most of it I think. To me, it was a very fitting tribute. Regardless of how I felt about him personally in the past decade, there's no argument of his contribution to music. He was a dazzling entertainer and when he danced and sang, it really was like magic (isn't that what Berry Gordy said?). I had forgotten about so many of his songs over the years and have taken trips down memory lane these past couple of weeks while various outlets have played them.

I missed Mariah's performance but have always liked her rendition of "I'll be There". I thought Jennifer Hudson did a wonderful job. John Mayer's guitar play was appropriately low key to the lyrics in the background. Everyone who spoke was eloquent and heartfelt. I doubt we'll see anything like him or this type of memorial service again.

Now to say something a little jaded. No doubt Paris is a beautiful girl. I can only imagine the agents who will want to sign her for various projects (not saying Katherine will allow it but people are certainly going to try). For a moment I thought of Joe and wondered if he sees his next meal ticket in her. She will definitely have the opportunity for a Hollywood or modeling career if she chooses. The two boys will also have offers I'm sure but since she was the first to speak, she is on everyone's mind.

RIP Michael. I hope you can finally be free and at peace.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread