+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 78 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3545447;
    Menntioned only briefly in passing on Access Hollywood last night--that Katheryn Jackson is "Challenging" Michael's will because of who he chose to be the trustees for the Michael Jackson Family Trust.

There was no additional info and no names were mentioned.
    Has anyone heard anything about this challenge at all?
    Thanks for any info.
    It's an eight year old will and two of the three executors no longer worked for Michael. And one of them (the lawyer who no longer worked for him, as opposed to the accountant who no longer worked for him) is the one who gave the courts the will in the first place. So of course his participation is suspicious.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3546199;
    It's an eight year old will and two of the three executors no longer worked for Michael. And one of them (the lawyer who no longer worked for him, as opposed to the accountant who no longer worked for him) is the one who gave the courts the will in the first place. So of course his participation is suspicious.

Many people have a lot older wills and no one contests them and they are considered executable.

The stories are getting confused and conflicting now (I do thank everyone who contributed what they have heard about this)--one doesn't know whether Kathryn is challenging the provisions of the will or not.
    If she is--that's a stupidly easy way to lose 100+million dollars.

If it's someone else contesting the will--I wonder who else would have Legal standing to do so?

I'm going to sit back and wait for the true legal info about any challenge(s) to come out. There are too many conflicting scenarios being reported now.

Concerning the legal issues about executors--that any proposed executor is NOT in the same business as the person whose will it is--makes no difference.
    The legal issues are 1)who was named to execute the provisions of the will and 2) if they are competent (mentally and physically) to do so.

Period.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm thinking that papa Joe, Debbie Rowe and many others have a legal standing to contest the will. And I'm betting attorneys are lining up to take the case.

Regarding competence - is someone who no longer works for or represents the decedent "competent"?

I don't know - just throwing it out there.

Katherine has not been contesting anything. She petitioned to be executor before she knew about the will.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3546817;
    I'm thinking that papa Joe, Debbie Rowe and many others have a legal standing to contest the will. And I'm betting attorneys are lining up to take the case.

Regarding competence - is someone who no longer works for or represents the decedent "competent"?

I don't know - just throwing it out there.

Legally Debbie Rowe's challenge wouln'dt have any force brcause she was specifically mentioned by Michael as NOT getting anything.

That pretty much cuts out any challenges on the basis of "He just temporarily forgot about me" or "He wasn't of sound mind when he made out the will."

That's why clauses like that are put into wills--to forestall challenges.

About Joe--I've been thinking a lot about his ability and legal standing to contest the will. He isn't mentioned at all--not even to be told he's NOT getting anything--which surprised me since Michael did that specific clause about Debbie.

I think a challenge from Joe would have a very tough row to hoe because of all the info that has come out over the years about how he supposedly treated Michael when MJ eas a child.

Also--Kathryn could easily give him some of HER inherited money.

About the "competency" issue. It doesn't refer to knowledge of the business affairs of the testator (the one who made the will)--it refers to the mental and if necessary physical capability to execute the will.

Think of how many spouses become executors of their partner's wills without having any specific knowledge of the businesses that are left to take care of.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3546871;
    Katherine has not been contesting anything. She petitioned to be executor before she knew about the will.

From what I just heard on the afternoon news I tend to agree with you. I think what was on the morning news was mis-stated.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3546912;
    Legally Debbie Rowe's challenge wouln'dt have any force brcause she was specifically mentioned by Michael as NOT getting anything.

That pretty much cuts out any challenges on the basis of "He just temporarily forgot about me" or "He wasn't of sound mind when he made out the will."

That's why clauses like that are put into wills--to forestall challenges.

About Joe--I've been thinking a lot about his ability and legal standing to contest the will. He isn't mentioned at all--not even to be told he's NOT getting anything--which surprised me since Michael did that specific clause about Debbie.

I think a challenge from Joe would have a very tough row to hoe because of all the info that has come out over the years about how he supposedly treated Michael when MJ eas a child.

Also--Kathryn could easily give him some of HER inherited money.

About the "competency" issue. It doesn't refer to knowledge of the business affairs of the testator (the one who made the will)--it refers to the mental and if necessary physical capability to execute the will.

Think of how many spouses become executors of their partner's wills without having any specific knowledge of the businesses that are left to take care of.

I didn't say it isn't frivolous to file these suits to contest the will, but they will probably be brought before the court only to be tossed out. And a whole lot of people get their faces on tv because of it.

I feel for all of the people trying to get to work this morning with the huge crowds of people on the freeway for the memorial service.
    Yup, with donuts!!

The Today Show reports that the Jackson family will be putting MJ's casket on stage at the end of the show. I'm not a big MJ fan - but the guy deserves some dignity. I find this disgusting.

He would have wanted this. That man never gave up an opportunity to be in the public eye. I just hope that people with money pay back the police and city for the 4 million dollars this is costing to do today.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread