+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 78 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

FORT Fogey

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3545447;
    Menntioned only briefly in passing on Access Hollywood last night--that Katheryn Jackson is "Challenging" Michael's will because of who he chose to be the trustees for the Michael Jackson Family Trust.

There was no additional info and no names were mentioned.
    Has anyone heard anything about this challenge at all?
    Thanks for any info.

ETA--on one of the morning news shows it was said that Kathryn Jackson is challenging Michael's will on the basis of who he chose to be the EXECUTORS of his will.

A very risky move IMO.

I think the challenge has to do with the fact that the will is so old. Some of the executors may or may not even be associated with his empire anymore.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

The more I think about it the odder the challenge seems.

Most people would not challenge a will that gave them 40% of a half BILLION dollars. If the math part of my brain is working today--that's about 100 million dollars.

I wonder what's really going on?
    Last edited by steppemaster; 07-06-2009 at 11:19 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Obviously this is about more than just money?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I heard on the news that some lawyers are challenging Michael's last will which is 7 yrs old. That the Jacksons are not challenging it as there are very favorable terms for them in it. Looks as if some lawyers want control of Michael's assets as they are supposed to be worth half a billion dollars. Don't worry after the lawyers take their fees and supposedly Michael's 400 million dollars of debt is paid there will not be anything left.

Deborah Rowe was given 8.5 million for the 2 children, why is she in debt now??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm having a hard time deciding whether someone should contest his will. I can see it if the motives are that those who were involved at the time may not be relevant anymore, but if the motive is to get that control - I'd question that. Like if it were Joe....

As for the kids, I think this is going to be so hard on them. They've been kept out of sight their entire lives and now they are going to be tossed into the public. I hope they don't become three more Michael Jacksons. He was so unhappy for that very reason. Boy are those kids beautiful! Although they look like they are all from the same parents - whomever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3545863;
    As for the kids, I think this is going to be so hard on them. They've been kept out of sight their entire lives and now they are going to be tossed into the public. I hope they don't become three more Michael Jacksons. He was so unhappy for that very reason. Boy are those kids beautiful! Although they look like they are all from the same parents - whomever that may be.
    Interesting. If Debbie Rowe was impregnated through invitro (and I have no idea how she claims to have been impregnated), maybe there were additional embryos created. If so, one of those could have been implanted in the other surrogate and all three of the kids could have the same biological parents. It seems as plausible as anything else in MJ's life...

The news this morning said that the judge was removing Katherine from being the temporary executor / executrix of MJ's estate. Judge is giving that role to the attorneys named in the will - Branca and the other one whose name escapes me at this moment.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3545964;
    The news this morning said that the judge was removing Katherine from being the temporary executor / executrix of MJ's estate. Judge is giving that role to the attorneys named in the will - Branca and the other one whose name escapes me at this moment.
    I can't believe how fast this is all going. Anything not Jackson-related takes forever to get to probate court. And it's just begun.

Did that order affect anything with the children and custody?

Katherine had petitioned to be executrix of estate Before the existence of the will was known. The judge determined that MJ was of sound mind, etc. when the will was drawn up and so he named Branca and McCain (the 2 attorneys at time of the will) as the executors. Katherine has still got temporary custody of the kids. That has not changed.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread