+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 78 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

FORT Fogey

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3539337;
    What's going to make the legal process a nightmare is the fact that Michael's will is SO old (7 years) that two of the three trustees are former Jackson employees who hadn't worked for him for years. His FORMER lawyer (3 years gone) and his FORMER accountant (5 years gone).

Although suspiciously enough, the lawyer is now claiming that after years of the relationship being severed that just eight days before his death Michael re-engaged his services. Gee, isn't that convenient.

Krom--hi--I'm very interested in any specifics about the Trust--can you tell me where that inf came from?

Thanks for any info on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;3540296;
    I'm hearing what you say, but that is a choice made, not something mandated except possibly by their perceptions of need related to business (to my eye).

Let OUTSIDERS talk all they want about such a public figure, I cannot imagine running a talk show circuit relating how I spent my last moments with my brother (or at least his body).
    Well, that is up to Jermaine. I'm sure the family is being inundated by the press who expect a family member to say something. Maybe he would rather say exactly what happened so the tabloids and gossip sites will not go overboard with rumours and innuendo.

You have no idea what he is thinking, he did lose his brother who I'm sure he loved very much.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm with you. Everyone grieves in their own way, and should not be condemned for they way that they handle it. It's hard enough, in and of itself. Everyday is one step at a time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought Jermaine came across as extremely wounded by his brother's death. Michael was the youngest of the brothers and I believe J always tried to protect him. You could definitely see the pain in his face and hear it in his voice. So sad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3540505;
    Krom--hi--I'm very interested in any specifics about the Trust--can you tell me where that inf came from?

Thanks for any info on that.
    I don't normally put all my faith in Wikipedia, much of which can be changed by anyone, but in this case most of what's currently on this page (as of the date stamp on this post)...

Death of Michael Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...I'd already seen in various independent news stories.

This is the most relevant part for your question...

Death of Michael Jackson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, there's more here:

John Branca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most relevant to the current discussion...

Jackson abruptly left Branca in 1990 when record company mogul David Geffen convinced him that Branca exerted too much control. Jackson re-hired Branca three years later, and Jackson appointed Branca as one of his representatives on the Board of Sony/ATV. In 2006, Branca resigned as Jackson's lawyer and sold back his equity interest in Sony/ATV. Approximately three weeks before he died, Jackson rehired Branca.
    In one or two news stories though, I've seen that "three weeks" figure replaced with "eight days". For example, in the LA Times.

Michael Jackson's will surfaces - Los Angeles Times

The document was produced by John Branca, a lawyer who began representing Jackson in 1980. Branca and Jackson parted ways in 2006 in a disagreement over other advisors, but on June 17 -- eight days before his death -- Jackson signed a letter once again retaining Branca as his lawyer, according to a source familiar with the relationship.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Okay, so now, Debbie is supposedly going for custody of the 2 kids. I also heard on Access Hollywood, that she'd go for Prince the II if it became necessary.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3540847;
    Okay, so now, Debbie is supposedly going for custody of the 2 kids. I also heard on Access Hollywood, that she'd go for Prince the II if it became necessary.
    Because everybody needs a spare Blanket...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3540853;
    Because everybody needs a spare Blanket...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Not even i call the child that, he's a kid.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Interestingly enough, Debbie Rowe made the statement that she wanted custody of the children soon after it was announced that Michael made no provisions in his will for her. The latest I heard was that she will decide on Monday whether or not to seek custody. Is she waiting for a settlement offer from the family? She seems to operate that way.

+ Reply to Thread