+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 78 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3539704;

I hope that if the mom is awarded permanent custody that she has the good sense to immediately update her own will and name someone appropriate for the children.
    and an immediate restraining order to keep Joe away from those children.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3538060;
    The documentary is now 6 years old.
    It was widely criticised at the time it came out. It is being criticised now. Much of what was on there was used against MJ when he was indicted after the documentary came out and the family of 1 of the alleged victims went to the police.
    I watched the documentary when it came out six years ago and I don't remember any criticisms by anyone but the Jacksons and their friends. It just made everyone else who watched it feel completely creeped out. He'd been accused of molestation as far back as the 90's and how he behaved seemed to confirm those earlier allegations. I thought it was one of the most bizarro interviews I've ever seen and remember it quite well.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Jackson seen active in video clip of rehearsal - CNN.com

Here is a clip of his last rehearsals

very active if you ask me

In addition to the clips they showed from 2 nights before his death, they also showed footage from the night prior. I thought he looked fine, too. And, I thought he looked no thinner or fatter than he had looked in his heyday.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Were I Michael Jackson, I think I'd prefer to be dead than to be around to view and read of my family promoting themselves over my dead body

Jermaine Jackson Says 'I Wish It Was Me'

With the death of his brother Michael still dominating the headlines, Jermaine Jackson gave an emotional interview to Matt Lauer on 'Today' during which he proclaimed he wishes he was the one who died.

Jermaine tells Lauer that after learning about Michael's death, he "felt empty ... I don't know how people are going to take this, but I wish it was me. I've always felt that I was his backbone. Someone to be there for him. I was there and he was sort of like Moses, things he couldn't say I would say them."

He says the hardest part about that sad day was hearing his mother "crying, saying he was dead. And to hear my mother say Michael's dead, to feel and hear the tone in her voice to say her child is dead, it's nothing that anyone can ever imagine."

"There's nothing we can compare to this because we lost our brother, our hero. The world is mourning, we're mourning ... it's unreal, it's unbelievable," Jermaine said about the death of The King of Pop.

Jermaine says that upon hearing the news that Michael's health had taken a turn for the worse, he "rushed in the hospital and I went straight to my mother and I wanted to console her. I wanted to see Michael, I wanted to see my brother. Seeing him there lifeless and breathless was very emotional for me, but I held myself together because I know he's very much alive. That was just a shell, but I kissed him on his forehead and I hugged him and I touched him and I said 'Michael, I'll never leave you. You'll never leave me.'"

As for reports that Jackson may have abused prescription medicine, which may have led to his death, Jermaine remains skeptical until toxicology reports come back. "Michael has always been a person who was against anything like that. In this business the pressure and things you go through, you never know what one will turn to ... Michael was always concerned about everybody, and to have that weight on your shoulders, to have that pressure ... I don't know," he told Lauer.

Jermaine Jackson Says 'I Wish It Was Me'

MJ is the ONLY Jackson I had any interest in, I'm admittedly not too familiar with Germaine and the rest, so maybe I'm missing a fundamental truth that fans are aware of, but this story and the two or three similar ones I've run across disturb me. Too much information from a grieving loving sibling for my taste. WAY TOO MUCH.

Reads more like a great opportunity for some free face time than anything genuinely relating to his brother.

And though I feel for his loss, assuming that he actually feels it as related, I CAN imagine, and I project that countless others that have come of age and experienced personal loss can as well. Their experience isn't at all unique or incomprehensible.

The loss of a loved one - esp. a sibling is devastating. I will remember it always.
    To suffer that loss in the public lens is something I cannot imagine.

I'm hearing what you say, but that is a choice made, not something mandated except possibly by their perceptions of need related to business (to my eye).

Let OUTSIDERS talk all they want about such a public figure, I cannot imagine running a talk show circuit relating how I spent my last moments with my brother (or at least his body).

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3540094;
    In addition to the clips they showed from 2 nights before his death, they also showed footage from the night prior. I thought he looked fine, too. And, I thought he looked no thinner or fatter than he had looked in his heyday.
    His heart attack had nothing to do with his weight. It was the massive amount of drugs he had (allegedly fully intentionally) running through his system.

The rumor train is that he was trying to cause a minor health crisis he could milk to escape the penalty clauses for canceling some of his shows.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

AEG, the producers of the This is It Tour, has said that he passed the drug test.

I'm sure they were only testing for illegal substances though. The sad thing is that prescriptions aren't on the list.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread