+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 778

Thread: Michael Jackson

  1. #241
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,492

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    Now that you mention it, Bunny, I don't think I have seen any mention of her. I have seen Liza talking about him. But I don't think I have seen or heard anything from/about Diana.

  2. #242
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,191

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    I don't know if Diana is even in the country right now. Either way, MJs mom is fully capable of handing the kids right now so it's probably best for them to stay with her. They do love her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  3. #243
    addicted MamaC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,492

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    ITA, buglover. MJ's mom may even keep the nanny on board, too, since they had a special bond with her.

    Does anyone know how well the children got along with their cousins? Did they do kid things, like sleepovers, birthday parties, gather during the holidays? Or were they more sheltered and have a distant relationship with their cousins? (I am only assuming that some of their cousins would be close in age while others are much older - in their 20's, etc)

  4. #244
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3539130;
    I don't know if Diana is even in the country right now. Either way, MJs mom is fully capable of handing the kids right now so it's probably best for them to stay with her. They do love her.
    However Michael's mom is 79 years old.
    It is not unreasonable to name a second guardian under the circumstances.

  5. #245
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3538060;
    The documentary is now 6 years old.
    It was widely criticised at the time it came out. It is being criticised now. Much of what was on there was used against MJ when he was indicted after the documentary came out and the family of 1 of the alleged victims went to the police.

    It sounds like criticisms are being quoted from others--and that I perhaps am the only one who has seen teh whnole thing?

    It is mostly Michael talking--so it's hard to understand how it could be seen as "unfair" to him when he himself is saying the startling things about himself.

  6. #246
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3539162;
    ITA, buglover. MJ's mom may even keep the nanny on board, too, since they had a special bond with her.

    Does anyone know how well the children got along with their cousins? Did they do kid things, like sleepovers, birthday parties, gather during the holidays? Or were they more sheltered and have a distant relationship with their cousins? (I am only assuming that some of their cousins would be close in age while others are much older - in their 20's, etc)

    The nanny was fired six months ago--so she wouldn't be kept on board--she would have to be hired.

    And that might bring out the reason(s) she was fired by Michael in the first place.

  7. #247
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    What's going to make the legal process a nightmare is the fact that Michael's will is SO old (7 years) that two of the three trustees are former Jackson employees who hadn't worked for him for years. His FORMER lawyer (3 years gone) and his FORMER accountant (5 years gone).

    Although suspiciously enough, the lawyer is now claiming that after years of the relationship being severed that just eight days before his death Michael re-engaged his services. Gee, isn't that convenient.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  8. #248
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    799

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    My arguement to the age of the will would be that perhaps eight years ago Micheal was alittle more coherrent. Lawyers know how to cash checks and the checks for this estate are going to be mighty big and long lasting. So, why wouldnt a lawyer say that he had recently restarted talking with Micheal?

  9. #249
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    The point isn't "why wouldn't he". The point is that the will makes him an executor (and inevitably executors of big wills get to float by on a lot of the excess and live pretty well off it) and he just conveniently drops out an old will and a magical insistence that he "just" reconciled with Michael. It's suspicious.

    Of course its entirely possible that Michael's life became such a mess that he never got around to making a new will. But even so, this will is 7 years old and contains another executor, the accountant, who'd been gone for two years even before the lawyer and Michael had their falling out. So why wasn't this will updated to reflect that in those two years? And when Michael changed lawyers, its awfully strange that nobody brought up his will. Maybe it was just Michael being stuck (for obvious reasons) with a series of criminal law folks instead of contract lawyers.

    And leaving his 80 year old mother and Diana Ross as the caretakers? Geez. That actually does kind of help argue this will had some legitimacy at one point, because its the kind of wacky decision Michael seemingly would make. But again, its odd that nowhere along the way did that get updated.

    And it certainly speaks volumes about how little faith Michael had in the younger generations of his family that not a single of his EIGHT siblings, many cousins, or even one of his even larger number of nieces and nephews (he's got 20, many who are well into adulthood), who could reliably be counted to be around for the children for longer, was considered before freakin' Diana Ross...
    Last edited by Krom; 07-02-2009 at 11:00 AM.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  10. #250
    Wait, what? ArchieComic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    The Farm
    Posts
    4,698

    Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3539481;
    And leaving his 80 year old mother and Diana Ross as the caretakers? Geez. That actually does kind of help argue this will had some legitimacy at one point, because its the kind of wacky decision Michael seemingly would make. But again, its odd that nowhere along the way did that get updated.

    And it certainly speaks volumes about how little faith Michael had in the younger generations of his family that not a single of his EIGHT siblings, many cousins, or even one of his even larger number of nieces and nephews (he's got 20, many who are well into adulthood), who could reliably be counted to be around for the children for longer, was considered before freakin' Diana Ross...
    Well 7 years ago his mom was a spry 72 so he probably didn't think of her as old at the time. . I really had to laugh at the bolded part because that's what I was thinking too. Diana Ross? Seriously? Thank goodness he at least stopped at Diana. His list of choices could have continued such as this: His mom, Diana, Liz Taylor, Liza Minelli, Jane Fonda, Bubbles. And isn't Diana up there in age too?

    I was wondering why he didn't consider Janet, being that they were so close (or I thought they were). She's young, has her own financial means, and would be a good choice.

    I hope that if the mom is awarded permanent custody that she has the good sense to immediately update her own will and name someone appropriate for the children.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.