+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 78 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

I find it a little weird that it is being suggested that he needed to adopt the children to be their legal parent. People use surrogate mothers and sperm donors all the time when fertility is the issue. For example, if a man is infertile and they use a sperm donor for the wife to conceive does the man have to adopt because he is not the biological father? Or if a woman is infertile and has to use a surrogate to carry the baby does she then have to adopt the child? I never thought so, but then again I don't have any experience with this.

It just strikes me as so strange. Whether or not he is the biological father, he is the primary parent to all three of these children.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3536895;
    If his name is on the birth certificate, he is legally their father. He doesn't have to adopt or be bio.
    That's right, dagwood. A close member of my family used a sperm donor and he didn't have to do anything to "adopt" his children. He was just listed on the birth certificate.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3535859;
    The Bashir documentary was done in 2003, I believe.
    It was wildly panned worldwide for being an example of 'yellow journalism" at its worst.
    Noreality--hi--I'm not sure why it was panned as "yellow journailsm."

It's Brashears mostly asking Michael questions and then allowing Michael to answer them at length.

Apparently Michael trusted Martin enough to let him meet the children.

btw--if indeed it was perceived as "yellow journalism" at the time--just about everything in it is now proving to be true.

As someone with several journalists in my family who have made me very aware of journalistic issues--I found it quite sympathetic to Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3537654;
    Noreality--hi--I'm not sure why it was panned as "yellow journailsm."
    I thought this article explained it quite well...
    The creepy TV special that haunted Michael Jackson | Prime-Time TV commentary | News, TV last night | Ken Tucker's Watching TV | EW.com

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3537688;
    Thanks, Closet. I read that, too and, while I don't always agree with Ken Tucker, I do feel that review was spot on.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I think the "Reviewer" was looking at the documentary from the hindsight of the fact of Jackson's death.
    Which puts quite a different spin on what the documentary revealed.

a note about the "critic"--it sounds as though he's never seen any of Bashir's reports on ABC Nightline. The things he decided to "criticize" about the documentary were nothing more than Bashir's normal tone of voice--as well as his English accent.

I would be interested though--who besides me saw the entire documentary and not just the snippets shown on various entertainment news shows?
    Last edited by steppemaster; 07-01-2009 at 06:09 PM.

The documentary is now 6 years old.
    It was widely criticised at the time it came out. It is being criticised now. Much of what was on there was used against MJ when he was indicted after the documentary came out and the family of 1 of the alleged victims went to the police.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I don't think there's much doubt that Debbie is the eldest two children's mother. Prince Michael looks EXACTLY like her.

What worries me is that she doesn't really (& never has) seemed to want to be a major part of their life. I'm not condeming her for that, some people aren't meant to be parents. By all accounts Michael was a tremendous father to these children, and now they're in the care of his mother. She's 79!

I cannot see a judge making her their permanent guardian. Also, with they way Michael & his siblings were raised & treated by their father, the fact that Katherine & Joe just came out of bankruptcy, has to raise alarms in any normal person. So who gets permanent custody?

My guess would be one of his older brothers. Jermaine perhaps? Or Randy? Or even Rebbie, who has always stayed out of the spotlight. I would hate to see those kids with Janet, LaToya or Marlon. The first because she's got too much on her plate and the latter two, because they're almost as odd as Michael in their personal lives.

On the news tonight, Diana Ross was listed in the will as next-in-choice to be the kids' guardian if something should happen to MJ's mother....or she decides she is too old to take on that kind of responsibility!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3539035;
    On the news tonight, Diana Ross was listed in the will as next-in-choice to be the kids' guardian if something should happen to MJ's mother....or she decides she is too old to take on that kind of responsibility!
    I heard that too.....I had wondered over the last few days whether they were still as close as they once were. Has she been heard from since Michael's death?

+ Reply to Thread