+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 78 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

MRD

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Gut, I believe that there is new music as well as a new music video. Billboard said today that their top 3 spots belong to Jackson right now due to the increase in his posthumous sales of already existing music. They expect it to go to the top 10 spots by this weekend. He is outselling both Elvis and Lennon in posthumous sales.

He may not have been convicted, but his words and actions have been strange. I feel as Krom did, just because there wasn't a conviction, I don't think that "sharing a bed shows love" is a healthy thing for a grown man to do with a child that isn't his own. Those are his exact words, but something to that effect. I heard the interview where he said them again this past weekend and again thought it sounded really bizarre. I think his musical contribution is like none other, but as a person, I thought he was bizarre.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

News announced that MJ is not biological father to any of the kids. I'm guessing nobody is overly surprised at that news. However, it's also now reported that Debbie Rowe was not the biological mother. They have not yet said who the biological mother / father are for those 2 kids; the speculation is that the father is Dr. Arnold Klein, Debbie's former boss and MJ"s former dermatologist. They've still not said who the biological parents are to the youngest child.
    Allegedly, the will does not include Joe ( no surprise there if this is true ), but does say that proceeds will go to the 3 kids, Jackson's mother and 1 or 2 of his charities.
    CA attorneys who specialize in estates that have children and where parentage can be of question - like this one - state that, even though Jackson never formally adopted these kids, there's very little risk that custody could be awarded to the biological mother / father should they come out of the woodwork now. More than likely, though, due to the size of MJ's estate, there will probably be parentage claims like there were when Anna Nicole died.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I just read that not only is Michael not the biological father of his kids (no big suprise) but that Debbie is not the biological Mother either. Not only does this make me feel sick to my stomach for the kids, but it makes me feel sorry for Debbie that she has been portrayed at a terrible mother for giving up her custodial rights. (or at least attempting to) She really didn't have rights to give up in that she was just the surogate mother technically, I guess?

This whole situation just goes to show what people with to much time and to much money can get accomplished.

I liked MJ, I like his music, I grew up listening to it. I have friends who have been to his Neverland Ranch (my neighbor's brother was a bodyguard or security or something like that for MJ) She took her kids there and said it was absolutely fantastic. (No MJ was not actually there when she was there, but I guess he did allow staff and friends to invite people to come play there) He was not such a bad guy. I do believe he felt in his heart that he was doing the right thing by wanting to have children. I just wish that someone would have thought of the children from the begining.

I don't think there should be a problem whether he was the bio father or not. For me, whoever loves and cares for the kids is the parent.

**clarification** I didn't mean that it made me sick to my stomach that these kids were not with the biological parents. Parents are whoever loves and raises the kids. What makes me feel horrible is the entire situation. To find out that your dad died, your mom is not really your mom, and now you find out that your little brother is not really your little brother (blood relation). I mean I seriously doubt that anyone was being honest with these kids from the get go.

I just don't know what to think.

words are failing me .... I assumed he was at least the donor.

Those poor children, I hope they're protected from as much of the circus as possible...
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Do we really know if all of this is true about the kids?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Not that we will ever know for sure if it is all true, but I have come to trust TMZ. They have never been wrong before. (at least not that I know of) I just keep thinking that these kids lived in such a sheltered and controlled bubble. For all we know they think all kids live this way. They have no concept of reality, all they know is how they have lived up until now.

I think these kids and the family may have had some inkling they were unlike others.

On another note, the Apollo in NY is doing a tribute to MJ. MJ first appeared there in '67. So many famous people have appeared there through the years. Oh to be in NY today. Those people are lucky to be there.

I'm not a big fan of Al Sharpton, but I do think he's trying to ensure that Michael gets some good press for his contributions and is not treated like a freak. I commend him for that.

If Jackson never legally adopted these kids, will they have to go into the system or will they be cared for as written in the will?
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread