+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 78 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

So Joseph Jackson apparently still is ALL class.

Michael Jackson death was 'foul play', claims father

Calling the death "foul play" is one thing, but then he goes on to hawk his record company in the SAME interview.

Why does the family let him open his mouth? Are they still all terrified he'll beat the crap out them?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3532875;
    Unless there are extenuating circumstances, the judge will normally abide by the requests in the will. From what my own lawyer told me, though, its a good idea to name more than one guardian in the event that a judge deems one to be unfit or something happens to your guardian first. And make sure that you discuss your choice with the potential guardians. If they decline, for example, the judge would have to find someone else.
    Superseding the provisions of a will (if for examplke one is not named as a guardian and is applying for custody of minor children)involve jumping through an enormous number of legal hoops and can be very expensive and quite time-consuming.

Negating the provisions of a legal and binding will is not done lightly by any judge.

______________________________ ___________________

I heard a snippet on an overnight news show--sorry I can't remember which one since I weas changing channels a lot--

--that Joe Jackson said the Jackson family had "Control of Michael's estate."

Did anyone hear anything like this and or any explanation for what he meant?

On its face it is not in legal language so I don't understand what he was talking about.
    Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3532934;
    Superseding the provisions of a will (if for examplke one is not named as a guardian and is applying for custody of minor children)involve jumping through an enormous number of legal hoops and can be very expensive and quite time-consuming.

Negating the provisions of a legal and binding will is not done lightly by any judge.

______________________________ ___________________

I heard a snippet on an overnight news show--sorry I can't remember which one since I weas changing channels a lot--

--that Joe Jackson said the Jackson family had "Control of Michael's estate."

Did anyone hear anything like this and or any explanation for what he meant?

On its face it is not in legal language so I don't understand what he was talking about.
    Thanks for any info.
    It may have been in the CNN interview. That one, I think, may have been quoted on other channels. I believe he was talking about how they would have care of MJ"s kids and make sure they got to good schools, etc. I think that in the same interview, Joe went on about all the kids they had that MJ's kids could play with. I have no clue as to what kids he was referring to. I also think it might have been the same interview he did when Sharpton was standing by his side. It seemed like an attempt to remedy the "hawking of his new music venture" that he did when Don Lemon ( sp.?) interviewed him at the BET awards red carpet. Joe was trying to repair the damage he had made in that interview - numerous complaints about it were received by CNN - but Joe kept sticking his foot further in his mouth. There's a reason why they had Janet at the BET awards. She CAN actually speak.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Noreality--thanks for the info.

I don't have cable so I didn't see that original interview--though some of the network newscasts did refer to Joe's seeming attempts to hawk his products.

I think his saying that "they had control of Michael's estate" was wishful thinking on his part since the lawyers have not yet come together to read the will.

I have to say here--that sad as Michael's life seems to have been and as much sympathy I have for him in his obviously not being able to overcome his drug addicitons--if he did NOT make specific--and good--legally apt provisions for his children I will be very very angry at him.

FORT Fogey

Okay--I just saw a network news report.

Among other things they said--

the Jackson Family is APPLYING for control of Jackson's estate.

And--

One of Jackson's lawyers said there IS a will--and that it provides for the children--including guardianships.

And he said he thought the lawyers would read the will today. He also said that the will was in a safe.

(that was a report on NBC)

Steppe,
    You're welcome.

They keep saying they have not looked at / seen the will as of yet.
    So, I am hoping that one does exist, too.
    If the kids do go to the parents, I like Katherine. I don't much care for Joe at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Darn--I keep forgetting to pst this info--the doctgor that the LA invbestigvaors have interviewed several times--the doctor who tried to do CPR on Michael--the news people ahve been saying that he "was Michael's personal physician."
    In reality he was the physician hired to be Michael's physican for rthe duration of the 50 Londond concert series.

So--that would put him in a very different relationship to Michael.
    A business relationship rather than a more personal one than "personal physican" might intimate.

When you have millions of dollars invested in a complicated business venture like 50 consecutive concerts you protect your investment in every way you can--including having a specific physician to watch over the health of your performer.

Also it's been said about him that he is cooperating with the LA investigators in every way--and that he is NOT a suspect--just a source of info about Michael's condition and last moments.

Are Michael's parents still married? As far as Joe Jackson goes the only good thing he ever did was be a sperm donor to one of the most talented performers ever! I can't stand Jesse Jackson & Al Sharpton , vultures is what they are.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

THe parents just celebrated their 60th anniversary.

It's been reported that Jackson met the doctor in Vegas a few years back when the Dr. administered to one of his kids. They kept in touch through the years. When Jackson found out about the tour, he asked the Dr. tio be his on the road DR. Pay was $150K per month. The DR. left his 2 other practices to join Michael.
    Lou Ferrigno was also interviewed. He said he trained Michael for the tour and had trained him 15 years ago. He said Michael was in good shape and that it's natural to lose a few pounds when training. But, he stressed that Michael was doing very well and did not exhibit signs of what was to come.
    They also interviewed his prior attorney from when he was accused of the child molestation. The attorney said that Michael was a very kind and gentle soul who wanted to change the world through his music. He felt that Michae sometimes surrounded himself with people who did not have his best interests at heart.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 06-29-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3533762;
    THe parents just celebrated their 60th anniversary.
    Omg How can she deal with that man? I heard Anderson Cooper say Joe lived in Las Vegas are the living in separate homes? After seeing the footage of the rehearsals Michael looked well. I really hope there is no foul play involved in his death.

I feel old I remember meeting Mrs. Jackson and Janet on the set of Good times years ago. I had a family member that was a writer on the show and I spent alot of time visiting the set.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread