+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

I finally found the story about the nanny who said she pumped his stomach numerous times....she said she went to his mother and sister about what was going on hoping they could/would help....she said MJ called it betraying him and she was fired at this time...supposedly 6 months ago...I know yesterday we were speculating on why she didn't say something earlier...well looks like she did and it cost her her job...but it looks like she was trying to help him too...its so sad all of it....and it looks like his dad is at the top of the list of money grubbers trying to get what he can as fast as he can...I think his mother only cares about the welfare of the children and wants to protect them..but his dad using the BET awards as a platform for his newest project was disgusting..

it has also been reported that he was anorexic....wouldn't having your stomach pumped alot cause some of the same problems as bulemia????? just asking because IDK
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3531898;
    As far as the celebrities coming out of the woodwork to talk about MJ's drug abuse and not helping him. You can't help an addict. They have to want help and anything you say falls on deaf ears until something happens and THEY decide to seek help. Believe me, I know from experience.

Just heard that Rev. Al Sharpton is expected out there today. Jesse Jackson is already there. Is there not anything like this that happens that those 2 publicity seeking vultures don't insert themselves into?
    Yes, I know from experience, as well, and that's why it gets upsetting. I guess I just dislike very much when people say these things AFTER the person dies. Yes, it does hit home.

Jesse Jackson has been here since it happened. They interviewed him on CNN on Friday from here. Then Friday evening I saw him, in person, at the Aretha Franklin concert. He happens to look really amazingly young and extremely well in person.
    I do agree that he and Sharpton are around quite a lot, esp. the latter. I do think, though, that it's perhaps a good thing this time. Michael meant a lot to the community and I am glad that they are celebrating the contributions he's made. I watched a lot of his and others' videos on MTV and VH1 this weekend. Michael's videos are like works of art; the average video on MTV bears no resemblance to them.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 06-29-2009 at 03:03 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3532372;
    I read that Michael's mother is filing for custody of the children. If he appointed her in his will as guardian, would she still need to file? I would be surprised if he did appoint her guardian considering they would be growing up in the home of Joe Jackson, a man who Michael feared, and I would think he would want to spare his own kids the same upbringing he had. Maybe he figured he would long outlive his father though.
    Supposedly he didn't have a will and back in 2005, Debbie Rowe was granted custody of the children when MJ had that whole child molestation case. She was paid off but the legal custody was never changed. The grandmother is suing for custody to make sure the children stay with her. Joe Jackson? More than likely it's just about the money, don't trust that man and actually feel sorry for these children and how all the vultures are circling.

My husband and I have wills that spell out exactly who gets custody of our son and in the event something happens to them who will get custody next. We have also spelled out where every dime will go and how (including a monthly stipulation for his care and private schooling and then college money with the remainder being given to him once he completes college). Sounds extreme considering we aren't millionaires but the life insurance policies are substantial.

Hearing all this going on with MJ just reinforces why we made the decisions we did and why we made sure every thing was detailed in our wills.

MRD

I read today that a judge will take into consideration what the will says regarding custody, but doesn't necessarily have to abide by it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Gloria Allred said(on Jane Velez Mitchell) that even if he stipulated on a will who he wanted his kids to go to, it wouldn't be legally binding. And i was reading last night from News of The World that Debbie is not interested in custody.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3532608;
    Supposedly he didn't have a will and back in 2005, Debbie Rowe was granted custody of the children when MJ had that whole child molestation case. She was paid off but the legal custody was never changed. The grandmother is suing for custody to make sure the children stay with her. Joe Jackson? More than likely it's just about the money, don't trust that man and actually feel sorry for these children and how all the vultures are circling.

My husband and I have wills that spell out exactly who gets custody of our son and in the event something happens to them who will get custody next. We have also spelled out where every dime will go and how (including a monthly stipulation for his care and private schooling and then college money with the remainder being given to him once he completes college). Sounds extreme considering we aren't millionaires but the life insurance policies are substantial.

Hearing all this going on with MJ just reinforces why we made the decisions we did and why we made sure every thing was detailed in our wills.
    I think that has changed since 2005 E had a special on earlier today in which a lawyer who had once worked for MJ was on there and she said he did indeed have a will and that he had every I dotted and every t crossed in case something ever happened to him in regards to the children...latest news is that the judge did grant Katherine Jackson temp custody of the children with a hearing on Aug 3...but he did not consider the request for her to be in charge of the estate and that the will has not been opened yet...as to why IDK

I'm glad to hear that he did have a will. However, I think it's already been said. A judge does not have to abide by the request in a will. That makes me nervous as a parent.

There are conflicting news stories about this. One agency is reporting that he didn't have a will and that Debbie Rowe still has custody and another is saying that he had a will and she didn't have custody.

I wonder which is the truth? And...what's in it for those trying to sue for custody. I'm such a cynic, I immediately thought they only wanted those kids for the royalties from his music/estate. Hopefully I'm wrong, at least about the grandmother, and she actually just wants to take care of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3532676;
    I'm glad to hear that he did have a will. However, I think it's already been said. A judge does not have to abide by the request in a will. That makes me nervous as a parent.

There are conflicting news stories about this. One agency is reporting that he didn't have a will and that Debbie Rowe still has custody and another is saying that he had a will and she didn't have custody.

I wonder which is the truth? And...what's in it for those trying to sue for custody. I'm such a cynic, I immediately thought they only wanted those kids for the royalties from his music/estate. Hopefully I'm wrong, at least about the grandmother, and she actually just wants to take care of them.
    yes, I believe she does..and she only cares about their well being....but if she has custody of the children then the money will come to her..not that that bothers me..its his dad that concerns me....he's money hungry

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3532649;
    I think that has changed since 2005 E had a special on earlier today in which a lawyer who had once worked for MJ was on there and she said he did indeed have a will and that he had every I dotted and every t crossed in case something ever happened to him in regards to the children...latest news is that the judge did grant Katherine Jackson temp custody of the children with a hearing on Aug 3...but he did not consider the request for her to be in charge of the estate and that the will has not been opened yet...as to why IDK
    You must be referring to Debra Opri. I think i saw that footage as well. She once represented Anna Nicole's Ex.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3532676;
    Unless there are extenuating circumstances, the judge will normally abide by the requests in the will. From what my own lawyer told me, though, its a good idea to name more than one guardian in the event that a judge deems one to be unfit or something happens to your guardian first. And make sure that you discuss your choice with the potential guardians. If they decline, for example, the judge would have to find someone else.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread