+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3531732;
    I was shocked to see her and she said the family chose her to come out and speak for the family. Joe Jackson was there hawking his new business venture on the red carpet.
    I was watching an old "pop-up video"...where random bits of trivia pop up on the screen...of Janet's Nasty video and one of the pop-ups said that even though Janet broke all ties with Joe, he insisted that the soda he was hawking at the time, be featured in the video.

I'm sorry I missed the BET awards. I would have loved to see Jaime Foxx and Ne-Yo's tribute to Michael.

Michael Jackson's legacy honored at BET Awards - Yahoo! News

Kao

I didn't watch it, but LOL at Beyonce's husband Jay C for blocking Chris Brown from appearing in the tribute tonight. Good for him.

MRD

As far as the celebrities coming out of the woodwork to talk about MJ's drug abuse and not helping him. You can't help an addict. They have to want help and anything you say falls on deaf ears until something happens and THEY decide to seek help. Believe me, I know from experience.

Just heard that Rev. Al Sharpton is expected out there today. Jesse Jackson is already there. Is there not anything like this that happens that those 2 publicity seeking vultures don't insert themselves into?
    Last edited by MRD; 06-29-2009 at 08:44 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Jessie Jackson is a friend of the family, I don't know about Sharpton.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

MRD

Jesse Jackson is a friend to everyone's family. Same thing when the Terry Shiavo thing happened in Florida. He seeks publicity whereever it is and inserts himself into the families so he can be called a "friend of the family". I personally think he and Sharpton both exploit these situations.
    And before anyone calls me a racist, it has nothing to do with race and everything to do with their actions and philosophies and attention seeking actions. They both show up when ever anything major happens in the news.

FORT Fanatic

Jesse and Sharpton do seem to take every opportunity to get themselves on TV.

I did not even know that the BET Awards were on or I would have recorded it to see the trubutes to Michael.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Jackson show up when they are requested by the families. Why don't people know this by now? These are people who are able to call attention to situations that need to have the spotlights shined upon them. "Joe Blow Regular Guy" could not do this, and a lot of things do not need to be ignored nor glossed over.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3531898;
    As far as the celebrities coming out of the woodwork to talk about MJ's drug abuse and not helping him. You can't help an addict. They have to want help and anything you say falls on deaf ears until something happens and THEY decide to seek help. Believe me, I know from experience.
    That's exactly right. Families and friends often tear themselves apart and destroy their own lives trying to help the addicts that they love. There's a thin line between trying to help someone and being codependent. People can only go so far to help an addict, but they have to back off before it ruins their own life. When someone is an addict, they are vampires that suck energy from everyone around them. I would never want to take away from MJ the fact that he was a groundbreaking musical genius. I love most of the music he made and the genre of pop will never be the same without him. But as others have said, I won't miss the spectacle surrounding him or the broken, walking ghost he became. If the rumors are true and he was a drug addict, then he was toxic for his children and family to be around, I can promise you that. The reality of living with someone who is catatonic part of the time, twitchy and looking for a fix part of the time, and throwing up or sleeping it off the rest of the time is about as nightmarish as it gets.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3532172;
    Rev. Sharpton and Rev. Jackson show up when they are requested by the families. Why don't people know this by now? These are people who are able to call attention to situations that need to have the spotlights shined upon them. "Joe Blow Regular Guy" could not do this, and a lot of things do not need to be ignored nor glossed over.
    Not in every case. They don't always show up at the request, as happened in Terry Schiavo's case. However, once on the scene in that case, he convinced the parents that he could help, so they did use him. But he went to them first.

He and Sharpton are publicity seekers. He is from here and you should hear some of the personal experiences from both the black and white community about Jackson. He's not well received here anymore and comes to town to visit family in secret. Probably the ONLY time he isn't seeking publicity. But he's made enough enemies here, that no one but his family want to see him.

Star, you are EXACTLY right about an addicts behavior. Sadly I have experience with that as well and it's much better off when the addict either gets help or is no longer in the home (as in the case of my brother who my dad had to finally tell to leave and not come back until he was clean).

I read that Michael's mother is filing for custody of the children. If he appointed her in his will as guardian, would she still need to file? I would be surprised if he did appoint her guardian considering they would be growing up in the home of Joe Jackson, a man who Michael feared, and I would think he would want to spare his own kids the same upbringing he had. Maybe he figured he would long outlive his father though.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread