+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

I read somewhere today the Dr is not board certified for either Cardio or internal medicine.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

It is sad that he died. No one else will ever be like Michael Jackson.. what an entertainer! RIP, Michael.

What I don't understand is where and how do these people get all these pain killers...I cant speak for anywhere else in the country but here in GA and AL you almost have to be at death's door before doctors here will give you any...unless you have a terminal disease
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

If you have a lot of money, most of these doctors will just give you what you ask for. Doctors who truly care for their patients will not just hand those out like candy. Unfortunately with the internet and illegal dealings, they are simple to come by. It's amazing how money will trump health everytime.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3530733;
    If you have a lot of money, most of these doctors will just give you what you ask for. Doctors who truly care for their patients will not just hand those out like candy. Unfortunately with the internet and illegal dealings, they are simple to come by. It's amazing how money will trump health everytime.
    I knew about the illegal sites...had a friend who would get drugs from them but about 2 years ago the DEA cracked down on them and I know she went through a rough patch because she was having a hard time finding them...I know here in GA and AL when you get any kind of what they call schedule 3 or schedule 4 drugs...dont' know exactly what they are..but I know vicoden is in it and so is my daughters adderaul...because the doctor has to have his/her DEA number on the script and you have to give the pharmacy your SSN number and its sent to whom ever controls it to moniter and see if a doctor is writing too many scripts for pain meds and to moniter and see if people are going to see different doctors and different pharmacies to get them filled..

the bad side to this is that there are real people with real chornic and severe pain have a hard time getting meds because most of the doctors are too scared to write them

but in the end I think you are right...its all about money it will buy you just about anything...all that money sure didn't buy MJ much happiness though and its sad
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 06-28-2009 at 04:28 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3529766;
    the other ones are 33 1/3 which are called Albums.
    They were called LP's and were what made up the album. 45's were single songs.

I still have a turntable too and you can still get needles for them. There is a store here in town that carries music and they have a lot of newly released albums on 33, not CD for audiophiles who don't like CD's quality. I also read that now when an artist sends a "demo" in, they are starting to press them in vinyl again as they aren't as easy to copy as CD's are and in a way to protect their music, they're going back to vinyl. And I"m sure you can buy turntable needles online still. I have a friend with one of those turntables that hooks up to the computer. I"m going to burn a few of my LP's to CD as I've got some that you can't buy anymore in any format and I would like to have them on CD or my ipod. (yes, I've gotten too lazy to turn over a record after 5 songs when I have a 25 CD, CD player and an ipod with 800 songs. )

Someone backthread mentioned the We are the World video and not knowing who some of those people were anymore. I just watched it and was rocketed back in time. I remember what a HUGE deal that was when it came out and one day ALL the radio stations played it simultaneously. It was the first and probably only time that Muzak played a song with lyrics. I could name just about everyone that sang on that. There were a couple I recognized but couldn't name them. But they all looked SO young. Seems like yesterday, but it's been about 25 years. Just amazing to think that much time has passed because that was such a huge deal when it happened. (I even recognized Kim Carnes, whatever happened to her after that time period?)
    Last edited by MRD; 06-28-2009 at 05:53 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3530733;
    You don't even have to be rich. My ex wasn't rich and he was able to come by them whenever he wanted. He would go from doctor to doctor or he'd buy them from people who'd been prescribed 20 for a root canal and only needed 2. He'd get them from sources that got them from god knows where. Or some doctors would simply prescribe them for his "chronic pain" that he'd learned to fake. Addicts can get drugs when they want them. Prescription drugs are easier and cheaper to come by than most illegal drugs. Its shameful, but true.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD

Sorry for the double post. But just because you are a medical doctor, it doesn't automatically make you an ETHICAL medical doctor. They too will do things for money, especially if they have a habit or lifestyle they want to continue to support. It's a shame, but like in any profession, there are bad apples. And there are people that will do just about anything for a price. I heard on CBS this morning that there is a pharmacy in L.A. that MJ owed $100,000 to for prescription drugs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It just said on the news that the nanny has been reunited with the children. She has stated that she had to pump Michael's stomach on a regular basis because of drugs. Really? They just kind of glossed over it.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fanatic

Personally, I wouldnt believe anything that nanny/mother said. What type of money hungry slob gives up her own children with so little after-thought?

+ Reply to Thread