+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3529778;
    Can someone explain to me why the toxicology report will take so many weeks? And to correct myself from pages and pages back (remembering those middle school hormones muddled my thinking) we used to slow dance to "I'll Be There" by the Jackson Five. "Hey There Lonely Girl" was by someone else, but those were the two popular slow dances at the time.
    I googled it and I I guess the reason it takes so long for toxicology results is that the labs that handle this are usually have a backlog of 4-6 weeks. I found quite a good article in my search that explains a little better what goes on in a toxicology report. Its worth a read.

Why do toxicology reports take such a long time? - Slate Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3528120;
    It is standard practice for emergency medical dispatchers to give CPR instructions when they receive a call. It's easy to freak out...doctor or no....when somebody collapses
    No way, prhoshay...Doctor, a cardiologist at that - DOES NOT GET A PASS on CPR basics

Watching the tributes that are being shown right now on CNN of fans in Rome, London, Tokyo and Baghdad to name but a few.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3529795;
    The Hey There Lonely Girl was recorded by Eddie Holman. It had been recorded as Hey There lonely boy by Ruby and the Romantics in the 60's.
    Donny Osmond did a version of Lonely Girl, I believe.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne7411;3530102;
    You know, it's only been barely two days since the news broke, and even today topics had diversified on the majority of news programs I've seen. Are we such an ADD society it's one day and off it goes? Seems callous. There is a lot of questions lingering over the death of someone who redefined a genre of music.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Jackson news and real news to hear over the coming days. Personally, I like my "serious" news with a dose of what's going on in the entertainment world. Even though the media can go overboard, it doesn't mean the topic itself isn't relevant.
    Yeah, you know in the big scheme of things taking a couple of days to remember somebody whose body of work will forever have such an incredible lasting impact on the world is not a big deal.

There will always be enough horrible crap going on around the world to fill every millisecond of CNN's airtime for every single day till we all drop dead so, for me, the coverage of Michael Jackson's passing is not too much. What was it exactly that we missed these last couple of days? More threats from Iran, more grandstanding from North Korea, more news of pain and suffering from around the world? It will all still be there tomorrow, guaranteed.

As for Congress observing a moment of silence in MJ's honor, I think Congress is made up of people too even if they're politicians - an oxymoron most of the time, I know - and they probably listen to music and probably grew up listening to Michael too, so if they wanted to keep a moment of silence for him that's their right. I have no problem with any of it.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3530357;
    Yeah, you know in the big scheme of things taking a couple of days to remember somebody whose body of work will forever have such an incredible lasting impact on the world is not a big deal.

There will always be enough horrible crap going on around the world to fill every millisecond of CNN's airtime for every single day till we all drop dead so, for me, the coverage of Michael Jackson's passing is not too much. What was it exactly that we missed these last couple of days? More threats from Iran, more grandstanding from North Korea, more news of pain and suffering from around the world? It will all still be there tomorrow, guaranteed.

As for Congress observing a moment of silence in MJ's honor, I think Congress is made up of people too even if they're politicians - an oxymoron most of the time, I know - and they probably listen to music and probably grew up listening to Michael too, so if they wanted to keep a moment of silence for him that's their right. I have no problem with any of it.
    I would rather remember the fond memories I have of MJ than watch one more second of gossip about Jon & Kate Gosselin.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3529766;
    the other ones are 33 1/3 which are called Albums.
    Ok we have now outted ourselves. I remember those too
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3530396;
    Ok we have now outted ourselves. I remember those too
    Most of my early Jackson five collection and some of the early MJ is on 33 1/3 LP's. I am glad I kept them. I even have and old record player. I don't however have the needle that is needed to play said record player.lol

Yeah I'm old I will be 47 in 3 weeks.lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

NBC's Today Show this morning (Sunday) had a number of interesting guests and reports.

Deepak Chopra spoke of his friendship with Jackson and his worries about his painkiller addiction.

Chopra said that jackson suffered from both Vitiligo (a skin disorder) and Lupus--both of them auto-immune diseases which occur in adulthood--and can be caused by extreme stress in childhood--which certainly describes Jackson's childhood with his abusive father and the responsibilities forced on him as the lead performer of the family singing group.

I will do some research on both and report any results here later.

Btw--Chopra also spoke of how those diseases can affect body image--which for Jackson was already poor due to the emotional abuse he suffered in childhood.
    Chopra said this is why Jackson often covered up his entire body--including wearing a mask.
    Oh--and the body issues also relate to his apparent addiction to plastic surgery.

Also there was a report that the Nanny said that Michael was ingesting so many painkillers to get through the rehearsals for his 50 Lodon concerts that she had to pump his stomach several times in the past week.

Also there was an interview with a renowned forensic pathologist who spoke about how much can be learned of the history of drug ingestion can be read through hair samples. And since Jackson's hair was long they could make determinations of his long-term drug use/abuse by analyzing his hair at one centimeter intervals.

Oh yes--Chopra said that the Lupus caused a lot of the pain for which Jackson had started taking painkillers.
    Also apparently Jackson had a number of bone fractures suffered during his career while dancing--rib fractures and various leg fractures.

The more I hear about his physical state and his numerous chronic diseases the more sympathy I have for the guy.

There was also an interview with a child psychiatrist who spoke of the kinds of reactions and effects the death of their father might have on Jackson's children.

The Sunday Today Show reports should be posted as video at Breaking News, Weather, Business, Health, Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Travel, Science, Technology, Local, US & World News- msnbc.com
    (this may also take you to the MSNBC page which will ahve toe videos of the various reports.)
    Last edited by steppemaster; 06-28-2009 at 12:18 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beesknees;3530152;
    No way, prhoshay...Doctor, a cardiologist at that - DOES NOT GET A PASS on CPR basics
    One thing we all need to remember....you earn the title "Doctor of Whatever" whether you graduate at the very top of your class or whether you get that certification by the skin of your teeth.

And do you really think that some people could not "purchase" CPR certification if they wanted to? Some people may not be above doing this. I'm not saying that any of this was this doctor's issues; I'm just saying that it can happen. Never forget the phrase, "Money talks....". And naivete is what it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread