+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3529755;
    Elvis died in "77. Did they still use 45's then. Were the album sized records considered 45's? I thought it was just those real small records that were 45's.
    the other ones are 33 1/3 which are called Albums.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

I think that for people with cable the coverage is probably more intense and constant.

For those of us with only network tv it's much easier to turn to a different newscast. I watched PBS News Hour last night and they did have one segment about Jackson--but it was at the end of the broadcast--long after all the important news of events around the world--and then it was a discussion by two knowledgable people who put a lot of what Michael did musically and creatively into historical perspective.

So--I recommend PBS Newshour and BBC World News-also on PBS--for relief from the constant repetetive coverage.

Btw--the most credible info I've heard so far about the will is from one of the lawyers involved who said they would "sit down in a few days and open the will and read it."
    (This is the way things are usually done after a death--and the lawyers wold include those for the estate and for the children and for Michael etc.)

So--apparently most of what's being said about what's in the will is not necessarily factual.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3529766;
    the other ones are 33 1/3 which are called Albums.
    Thanks, Ms Diva. Couldn't remember.

BTW, I was talking to a friend the other day about losing Michael and we both agreed that Adam could have the capability to attain an icon status - perhaps not to the magnitude of Michael, but definitely he could be up there. What do you think?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Can someone explain to me why the toxicology report will take so many weeks? And to correct myself from pages and pages back (remembering those middle school hormones muddled my thinking) we used to slow dance to "I'll Be There" by the Jackson Five. "Hey There Lonely Girl" was by someone else, but those were the two popular slow dances at the time.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3529778;
    Can someone explain to me why the toxicology report will take so many weeks? And to correct myself from pages and pages back (remembering those middle school hormones muddled my thinking) we used to slow dance to "I'll Be There" by the Jackson Five. "Hey There Lonely Girl" was by someone else, but those were the two popular slow dances at the time.
    The Hey There Lonely Girl was recorded by Eddie Holman. It had been recorded as Hey There lonely boy by Ruby and the Romantics in the 60's.

Toxicology reports seem to take a long time for a few reasons. Most labs are overworked and understaffed. So, tests that should take just a short time may sit on the back burner. Also, when it's a high profile report, like this is, they want to test and retest and dot all the i's and cross all the t's.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Just on NBC News--they're saying there is a "growing rift" between Jackson's lawyers and staff on one hand--an Jackson's family on the other.

They didn't elaborate but this might be a situation to watch--especially as it might relate to who gets custody of the children.

FORT Fanatic

Smart thing for the Estate to do right away is buy back Neverland. It is a fortune as a museum for tourists. Just look at how much Graceland makes for the Elvis estate. Or maybe the state of California should buy Neverland.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3529967;
    Smart thing for the Estate to do right away is buy back Neverland. It is a fortune as a museum for tourists. Just look at how much Graceland makes for the Elvis estate. Or maybe the state of California should buy Neverland.
    with all the sales going on right now they could probably afford it..but in a way its sad...there already seems to be a lot of bickering and fighting over the kids and his money
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3529795;
    The Hey There Lonely Girl was recorded by Eddie Holman. It had been recorded as Hey There lonely boy by Ruby and the Romantics in the 60's.

Toxicology reports seem to take a long time for a few reasons. Most labs are overworked and understaffed. So, tests that should take just a short time may sit on the back burner. Also, when it's a high profile report, like this is, they want to test and retest and dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

I wonder if they'll do DNA tests on his body to confirm that it really is him...
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

You know, it's only been barely two days since the news broke, and even today topics had diversified on the majority of news programs I've seen. Are we such an ADD society it's one day and off it goes? Seems callous. There is a lot of questions lingering over the death of someone who redefined a genre of music.

I'm sure there will be plenty of Jackson news and real news to hear over the coming days. Personally, I like my "serious" news with a dose of what's going on in the entertainment world. Even though the media can go overboard, it doesn't mean the topic itself isn't relevant.

+ Reply to Thread