+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

Remember when JFK Jr. was missing? It was 24/7 coverage...everything else got pushed into the background. And he certainly didn't make as much as a contribution to the world as MJ did.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Right now only Fuse is paying tribute to him, that is until later today when they have to play the Bonnaroo concert. I'm watching it because i want to.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3528731;
    And IMO, that can happen without taking over EVERY single airwave out there to idolize him. I'm not taking away from who he was. As I said, he revolutionized pop music. Still, I think he's a pedophile and a drug abuser and billions raised for charity doesn't take that away. Will I still sing along when I hear Billie Jean or Beat It? Sure. But I'm ready for him to get off my TV already.
    None of the accusations leveled against him were ever proven.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 06-27-2009 at 05:34 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

We went and saw Aretha Franklin last night. While Lady Soul is still a living legend, it was obvious that her weight, etc. has affected her voice. She disappeared from the stage after about 30 minutes and, when she returned, seemed to do a lot better. She had a number of big names in the audience - Jesse Jackson, Billy Dee Wiliams, Angela Bassett and Halle Berry. Seems that the latter is in contention with Jennifer Hudson to play Lady Soul in a movie of Ms. Franklin's life. For the record for me, Jennifer would be the better choice - Halle shouldn't even be a contender. Before the evening ended, Ms. Franklin made a mention of Michael and his enormous contributions., and we observed a moment of silence. It was a lovely end to the evening.

For all the Michael fans out there, there is a michael jackson website. As I'm not sure if I can link it here, I will say that it's his first and last name with no period in between. I believe it was put out by Sony. You can leave tributes there and they have a wonderful music player with all the solo MJ hits, as well as those from the J5. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3529517;
    None of the accusations leveled against him were ever proven.
    And OJ was found not gulity at his criminal trial.

My argument here is simply that I should be able to turn on my national news channel and see something besides how many people are holding candles outside MJ's home everyday or the Thriller video or an interview with someone who saw him burned during the Pepsi commercial. North Korea's nukes and what's happening in Iran take priority for me.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

This country sucks when it comes to showing real news, especially here in California. I usually turn to BBC or a Mexican news channel to get real news from the rest of the world. We as the USA tend to keep our country in the dark to what is really going on in the world.
    Yup, with donuts!!

no matter how one feels about him, you can't deny the man had talent, so many of the hot stars today i don't think have 1/10 of the talent he had, he's a good example of a mad genius in some ways

as for his past, well, i never really had an opinion, i think its possible he did do it and it just as possible he did not

and i think the kids should go with the nanny....his parents are too old and do the kids even know debbie rowe, i think the healthiest thing for them is to stay together and be with the nanny

I don't think his parents did a very good job of raising their own children when they were young. The kids do not know Debbie at all. She signed away her rights to be a part of their lives during the divorce. Wherever they end up, I hope the children continue to receive the love they had when their father was alive.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3527962;
    I am giving away my age but for those of us that were around when Elvis died the same exact thing happened...except you couldnt buy off the computer...lol...but the record stores..yes we had record stores then couldnt get the copies in fast enough to keep up with sales
    They were 45's
    There's no place like home!

Elvis died in "77. Did they still use 45's then. Were the album sized records considered 45's? I thought it was just those real small records that were 45's.

+ Reply to Thread