+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

Premium Member

Re: Michael Jackson is Dead at 50 yrs. of age

BTW, I feel sorry for the kid named "Blanket. Ugh, seriously I hope they name him Mike now.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kao;3528769;
    I totally disagree. Biracial kids can inherit dominant traits from either parent or be a perfect blend of both. Trust me; I've had enough stares/questions/outright hostile accusations towards members of my own family to believe that...although it really made me understand how so many people were able to "pass" back in the day!

Let me co-sign on that. I have 2 biracial nieces whom you'd never even assume were half black.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3528731;
    And IMO, that can happen without taking over EVERY single airwave out there to idolize him. I'm not taking away from who he was. As I said, he revolutionized pop music. Still, I think he's a pedophile and a drug abuser and billions raised for charity doesn't take that away. Will I still sing along when I hear Billie Jean or Beat It? Sure. But I'm ready for him to get off my TV already.
    I can't speak for any of the others who are mourning his loss, but to me, the tributes are fitting for someone who not only revolutionized pop music but who's legacy lies in the musical gifts and compassion for humanity he leaves behind. The gossip and speculation go to his grave with him and is now between him and God.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3528773;
    BTW, I feel sorry for the kid named "Blanket. Ugh, seriously I hope they name him Mike now.
    The boy's name is "Prince II (two) and his nickname is "Blanket"

FORT Fogey

"In a interesting new twist, actress Liza Minnelli reveals "all hell's going to break loose" when Michael Jackson's autopsy results are in. During a segment on The Early Show, Minnelli reflected on her long friendship with the 'Thriller' singer, adding that his autopsy results will change everything. "All those who knew him well really know what he was like... So thank God we're celebrating him now," she said. "

I also heard this on the ABC special on Nightline.

They said she and Michael were close because of their drug dependencies.

The story right now is that his doctor administeted the overdose (accidentally) that killed him.
    And that Michael was addicted to the painkillers Demarol and Oxycintin.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3528924;
    The boy's name is "Prince II (two) and his nickname is "Blanket"
    I know its Prince II, but seriously every news source calls the kid Blanket. Poor kid.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3528934;
    I know its Prince II, but seriously every news source calls the kid Blanket. Poor kid.

I know what you mean. For the longest time I thought that was his given name.

MRD

Well Elvis' death and drug addiction didn't do anything to change how he was and still is idolized after his death.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3528902;
    I can't speak for any of the others who are mourning his loss, but to me, the tributes are fitting for someone who not only revolutionized pop music but who's legacy lies in the musical gifts and compassion for humanity he leaves behind. The gossip and speculation go to his grave with him and is now between him and God.
    This is so true. Michael had an impact on so many young performers today you can see it in Usher, JT, Neyo, Chris Brown and other performers. I don't see any of them coming even close to the impact MJ has had on the music industry and the world.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3528731;
    And IMO, that can happen without taking over EVERY single airwave out there to idolize him. I'm not taking away from who he was. As I said, he revolutionized pop music. Still, I think he's a pedophile and a drug abuser and billions raised for charity doesn't take that away. Will I still sing along when I hear Billie Jean or Beat It? Sure. But I'm ready for him to get off my TV already.
    I completely agree. Yes, Jackson's death is a shock, though given his health reports over the past several months, not unexpected and I understand his fans mourning. Tributes on MTV and VH1 and whatnot are appropriate. But when an interview with Quincey Jones pushes back Iran coverage on the national news, I have to wonder what media priorities are. It's bordering on the the exploitative and, while I was never a fan, I find that offensive. Jackson was a talented yet troubled and flawed individual but to milk his death for ratings is just plain wrong.

+ Reply to Thread