+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze

Patrick Swayze

since he is really sick, and even last week it was rumored that he had died, I thought we needed a thread dedicated to the most beautiful man ever to grace the screen.

I loved him when I was a teen. Red Dawn, NORTH and SOUTH Road House, Next of Kin, Point Break, Dirty Dancing, Ghost

Go softly into the night. You are loved

FORT Fogey

Re: Patrick Swayze thread

According to everything I saw and ehard last week that was nothing but an incorrect rumor. The entertainment news shows had recent photos of him with his wife (that came from his publicist) and he looked the way he has for the past year.

none the less, he is really sick and I am praying for comfort for them both

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I first saw him in North & South, and developed quite the crush. I think it's neat how popular he's been and how close he remains to his wife w/no rumors of affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3468885;
    I first saw him in North & South, and developed quite the crush. I think it's neat how popular he's been and how close he remains to his wife w/no rumors of affairs.
    North and South is where I fell in total LOVE with Patrick Swayze

I "met" him in a NYC airport in the late 80's. He was VERY kind to a group of college girls/Dirty Dancing fans. Our group was headed to Italy and Patrick told the guys who were with us to make sure to watch out for us "girls" on the trip. He struck me as a very down to earth "normal" celebrity at the time and I don't think that has changed. I hope that he will pull through this and he and his wife are in my thoughts.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Patrick Swayze has always been a class act. Other than the recent stories about his illness, most of which he certainly didn't approve of, you never hear a bad story about him or his wife. I wish him all the luck in the world and wish the tabloids would leave him alone and let him live in peace.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Re: Patrick Swayze

Does he have any children? I have been thinking about it, and I never remember seeing any articles on him having or have had any children. Without children to remind you of your spouse, it has to be difficult to carry on. I lost my father at a young age, and my mother and I leaned on each other through it all, and my grandmother still says she sees my father living on through me.

No, he & his wife never had any children though they've been married many years. Apparently they are extraordinarily close to each other.

One of my best friends from back home was such a Dirty Dancing fanatic that she named her middle son Patrick. I wasn't that big on Dirty Dancing but I did love Roadhouse and The Outsiders.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

Road House is one of my favorites, but mostly because of Sam Elliot. When he dances with the doc to All my Exes Live in Texas, I could just swoon.
    Swayzes great in that movie too. But Sam, oh man, I could listen to that man read the phone book.

I just watched a Swayze movie I've never seen before with Gene Hackman. I think it's called Uncommon Valor. Hackman gets a group of ex soldiers together to go to Laos to hunt for his POW son and Swayze is the "rookie" on the team.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast