+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Swayze

Re: Patrick Swayze

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3703160;
    Thanks for the clip Unklescott. Watching it reminded me of two things. 1- Patrick Swayze was HOT! and 2 - I miss Jerry Orbach too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3706231;
    Thanks for the clip Unklescott. Watching it reminded me of two things. 1- Patrick Swayze was HOT! and 2 - I miss Jerry Orbach too.
    I watched that clip and thought "oh there's Jerry Orbach, another good one gone". Kelly Bishop as his wife was a good match.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3706280;
    I watched that clip and thought "oh there's Jerry Orbach, another good one gone". Kelly Bishop as his wife was a good match.
    You mean "Patrick Swayze was HOT" wasn't something that came to your mind when you saw that clip?!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think he was so beloved because he was atractive and yet, he was 'everyman'. He always exposed the vulnerable side and that made him so appealing. He just seemed like a nice, regular guy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3706281;
    You mean "Patrick Swayze was HOT" wasn't something that came to your mind when you saw that clip?!
    meh. not my type
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

FORT Fogey

One of the Spanish channels here is running a Patrick swayze film festival. They ran "Dirty Dancing" on Friday night and "Ghost" last night. It is really weird to see Patrick but to hear someone else's voice coming out of him.

Just to see him makes it obvious how he lights up the screen--regardless of what language is coming out of his mouth.

Oh yes he will be missed.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

lifetime showed "ghost" yesterday and at the end of the credits they showed his picture with his birth-death dates. such a sweet simple tribute.
    then abcfamily showed dirty dancing too.
    you can check his imdb.com webpage and it will show when his movies will be appearing. even the episode of M*A*S*H that he appears on is listed later this week.

BET aired To Wong Foo this afternoon. It's been years since I've seen that movie so I sat down and watched it. Wow. I had forgotten just how good of a movie it is. Patrick was amazing even as a drag queen.. True talent.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Barefootdyke and JavaJo--thanks so much for all that info. Unfortunately I don't have cable so I am limited to what the various networks plus local channels show.

It is heartening to me to know that so many media outlets are paying tribute to his life and work.

Who is John Galt?

Patrick Swayze was IMO the ideal male. He was gorgeous in both face and body. He had grace and obvious masculinity without the swaggering macho. He was multi-talented - could act, dance, and sing. He was a good and from what we know (or don't know) a faithful husband who adored his wife. He admitted his faults and stayed out of the Hollywood spotlight. I love Dirty Dancing and have watched it many times. I am saddened by his passing. He will be missed. (Much more so than Michael Jackson, at least by me).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast