+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Farrah Fawcett Dying--The Documentary On NBC

FORT Fanatic

Re: Farrah Fawcett Dying--The Documentary On NBC

She lived for 62 years. That seems to me to be a very long life. I dont agree with the whole fight for every last moment battle against cancer. I have seen people fight to no avail against cancer and I have seen how happy they were in the end when the battle was over. She was surroundeed by people that loved her and that has to be a good feeling in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3525600;
    She lived for 62 years. That seems to me to be a very long life. I dont agree with the whole fight for every last moment battle against cancer. I have seen people fight to no avail against cancer and I have seen how happy they were in the end when the battle was over. She was surroundeed by people that loved her and that has to be a good feeling in the end.

It is up to the individual how hard they want to fight against cancer. I'm totally in the camp that you never give up without fighting as hard as you can. But, if I am diagnosed with terminal cancer, who knows how I will feel. It's just not something you can decide for someone else.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey

60 is the new 40--so by that criterion she died too young.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3525600;
    I think if someone had said to Farrah, to Ryan or to Alana last week that 62 is a very long life, they sure as heck would have disputed that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3525945;
    I think if someone had said to Farrah, to Ryan or to Alana last week that 62 is a very long life, they sure as heck would have disputed that.
    Try asking Redmond if at the age of 24, it was okay to lose his mother because she'd lived a long life anyway.

Considering that today the life expectancy of a female born in the United States is 82.67 years, I'd say 62 is way too young to die. She had 20 good years left and yes, whether some people understand this or not, the last 20 years can be just as good as the first 20.
    Last edited by Lil Bit; 06-26-2009 at 09:19 AM.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm guessing imissme is either very young or lost her mom at an early age. Believe me, in no way in the US is 62 a long life for a woman.

But it is a good point that it isn't everyone's choice to keep fighting, and many people get to the point that they just don't want to anymore, they're ready.

I think that is why it should be such an individual thing and, as such, left up to the individual to decide. Farrah clearly wanted to go on living. Others in that situation may not always wish the same.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456