+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Farrah Fawcett Dying--The Documentary On NBC

FORT Fogey

Re: Farrah Fawcett Dying--The Documentary On NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3454355;
    I could only watch it in bits and pieces. It brought my own cancer experience back too much - especially the chemo. I felt sick the whole day after watching it.

It's amazing what our bodies remember--isn't it?

I was watching Survivor when "Coach"-one of the contestant--said he was having muscles spasms in his back.

Immediately I could feel the spasms I suffered through one time years ago.

And I also could tell that he was faking by the way he was able to move around without screaming.

I didn't watch it, but have seen portions on various shows. It's soooo heartwrenching.

Cancer is so evil. I lost my cousin just over six months ago. My heart goes out to anyone suffering from any type of cancer, their family and friends. Blessings for good health to each and every one of you! =^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Just caught the re-run of this documentary - all I can say is how brave Farrah and her family are! Seeing her with her dad at the beginning, listen to her talk about how she loved to hear the rain and smell the air right after a rain, seeing how Ryan, Redmond, Alana Stewart, her doctors, all her other friends were with her - it was very moving. Showing how she has gone through all the treatments and the after effects shows how strong she has been - I really don't think I could have handled that anywhere near as gracefully. How is Farrah doing right now? I really hope she is comfortable and at peace with herself and her life. Prayers to the entire family......
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

Yahoo is reporting that Ryan is saying he is going to marry Farrah. I most sincerely hope this is being done with the purest of intentions, not to end up legally being a spouse with that claim to her assets when she does go. The part that made me think that is when he says "they "will" wed "as soon as she can, say yes. ... Maybe we can just nod her head."

Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal to Wed - omg! news on Yahoo!
    Wag more, bark less

FORT Fanatic

It is strange to me that people can be so cynical as to think someone such as Ryan O'Neal would marry a dying woman for her assets. First how many assets could she have? A celebrity from the 70-80's most likely isnt rolling in the money. Secondly, they have had decades of being together off and on. Sometime death answers all the doubts people in relationships may have had about each other.

There is no doubt in my mind that they love each other. He tried to marry her in the past and she said no. I am glad that they're together.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Barbara Walters talked about this today on The View. She did interviews with Ryan and many other people in Farrah's life. Ryan said he has repeatedly asked her to marry him and she finally said yes. He did mention something about her wanting a pre-nup, but since they only showed a short clip on the View, I don't know if this was serious or he was just joking. The interviews are going to be on 20/20 on Friday night I think.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;3516376;
    Yahoo is reporting that Ryan is saying he is going to marry Farrah. I most sincerely hope this is being done with the purest of intentions, not to end up legally being a spouse with that claim to her assets when she does go. The part that made me think that is when he says "they "will" wed "as soon as she can, say yes. ... Maybe we can just nod her head."

Farrah Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal to Wed - omg! news on Yahoo!
    This is one couple that the idea of him marrying for her assets would never cross my mind. As others have said, he's been wanting to marry her for years. The same goes for Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn - he wanted to but she's always said no. I'm sure too that she has already gotten her affairs in order regarding her estate. I'm not sure how a new marriage would affect things but if she's sound enough to marry then she will be sound enough to make any changes to her will if she feels it's necessary. I hope they have at least several months left as a married couple.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I work in a divorce field and am the first to admit I am jaded by the things I see day to day!

I am so happy to hear that, I really am. I didn't know they were on the Goldie/Kurt level and am glad that they will finally do it. I was most sincerely hoping it wasn't a Tommy Lee/Pam Anderson lifelong battle that was ending like this and I knew there would be people on FORT who knew more than me! The article I read was very short and didn't give me the history of the two of them, just the nodding of the head quote and a soundbite or two. Thanks so much for clearing this up for me, I greatly appreciate it as I am a sucker for love stories and happy endings and I wish the two of them all the happiness they can have in their lives together.

I wonder if the judge would be kind enough again to let Redmond attend the wedding? Or to allow it to be held where he is? Given what we saw in the documentary about how close they are as a family, that would be the cherry on top.
    Wag more, bark less

I heard on the news that Farrah is in the hospital & the priest gave her last rites (Anointing of the Sick sacrament) today. Given the state of her health when the special aired on 5/11, it sounds like she's close to the end. A very sad way for such a beautiful, spirited woman to go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast