+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Farrah Fawcett Dying--The Documentary On NBC

Re: Farrah Fawcett Dying--The Documentary On NBC

Wow, what a powerful and emotional documentary. The part that I can't get out of my head was when she was reading letters from others who also were battling cancer. One said, angels come with missions. I will not forget that ever, it is so true.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

Quote Originally Posted by Namaste;3452540;
    Wow, what a powerful and emotional documentary. The part that I can't get out of my head was when she was reading letters from others who also were battling cancer. One said, angels come with missions. I will not forget that ever, it is so true.
    That sent shivers down my spine as well. I felt Ryan knows the end is near and he is already trying to deal with it.

The scene where Redmond went to visit, in shackles, and she didn't know who it was, tore my heart. I hope he is able to turn his life around, as I believe he will live with this for the rest of his life. Not being able to be around his mother while she is terminally ill, must eat away at him.

Unfortunately, these situations either break or make a person. He will either turn his life around, or it will get worse. She displayed an incredible amount of strength and courage.

I watched the whole thing and I am amazed and impressed with the courage this woman showed. Farrah was 1 of the hottest women in Hollywood many years ago. To show herself in such an unflattering light should be required viewing for so many of the vapid and shallow entertainment show anchors out there.
    Sadly, it appears that Ryan has already made his peace with her pending death.
    On another note, I am very surprised that they showed the exterior of her building in so many shots as it is so highly recognizable. I just hope the paps don't hang out there on a regular basis.
    Was also glad to see Jaclyn Smith and Kate Jackson. Who would have ever thought years ago that the bond these women would now be sharing is Cancer?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3452624;
    That sent shivers down my spine as well. I felt Ryan knows the end is near and he is already trying to deal with it.

The scene where Redmond went to visit, in shackles, and she didn't know who it was, tore my heart. I hope he is able to turn his life around, as I believe he will live with this for the rest of his life. Not being able to be around his mother while she is terminally ill, must eat away at him.

Unfortunately, these situations either break or make a person. He will either turn his life around, or it will get worse. She displayed an incredible amount of strength and courage.
    There were several parts in the whole thing where Ryan O'Neal really impressed me, but I think that the way he handled that blew me away more than the rest. The composure that he maintained through that visit was impressive. But at the end, when he said something to Redmond about using this as inspiration to turn his life around ... the ability he showed to cope with both the spiral his son is in and the struggle that Farah is in really came shining through.

I wasn’t going to watch it, then changed my mind. My mother died of colon cancer that went into the liver.

Farrah losing her hair – that caught me off guard. The cap with bangs was cute.

Visit with son really shows how sick she is.

What a thoughtful portrayal of her life. I loved seeing her with her dad. The part that made me smile the most was Alanna and her throwing snowballs-that to me was life affirming!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3454207;
    What a thoughtful portrayal of her life. I loved seeing her with her dad. The part that made me smile the most was Alanna and her throwing snowballs-that to me was life affirming!
    I agree. There were several segments in there - the snow ball fight, the birthday party, Farrah just dancing and being silly - where despite everything going on around her, Farrah was just having fun. That was a great lesson for everyone. Despite what she's up against, she was enjoying life and really LIVING. If she can do that while fighitng for her life, then it realy makes healthy people with everything going for them who don't do the same look rather foolish.

I sobbed like a baby when her son came to visit from prison. Ryan O'Neal impressed me as well. You can truly see how much those two love each other and how unconditional it is.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I could only watch it in bits and pieces. It brought my own cancer experience back too much - especially the chemo. I felt sick the whole day after watching it.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I have to admit that I tried to watch but could not.

It brought back too much from our loved one's dying of cancer.

I know I've dealt with the issues for myself but it was just too graphic and brought back the feelings too vividly for me.

I am so glad I started this thread though because many people have shared here what we don't ordinarily talk about otherwsie.

IMO that is going to be one of the major positive effects of Farrah's decision to show this documentary of something so private and personal.

I have great admiration for her.

And for all of you here who are cancer survivors and/or who have lived through the cancer of a loved one.

My thoughts and prayers for all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast