+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Brown/Rihanna situation

Chris Brown/Rihanna situation

It was just announced that he's been charged with 2 felony charges - assault and making criminal threats.
    Brown's lawyer is Mark Geragos, so I'm sure the whole thing will get twisted around when it goes to court.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Re: Chris Brown/Rihanna scuffle

Well rumors are the 2 are back together . Hoping its not true, but maybe she'll wise up and get out while she still can b4 something extremely terrible happens.

Interesting on the news yesterday. The head of one of the local abused women's shelters was saying that all anybody can say is, "why is Rihanna going back to HIM?' She thinks that the real question / topic on everybody's mind should be, 'why is HE beating up his girlfriend?'
    Her point was that society just seems to take it fror granted / accepts that men will abuse women and, instead, places the onus on Rihanna.

Sorry, I have to say it, but didn't OJ start off by beating up Nicole. This young man needs help, but his community/industry is praying for him. Where is his shame? Someone needs to step up and tell him he can't treat women like that (maybe his parents?).

Quote Originally Posted by guttergal;3372404;
    Sorry, I have to say it, but didn't OJ start off by beating up Nicole. This young man needs help, but his community/industry is praying for him. Where is his shame? Someone needs to step up and tell him he can't treat women like that (maybe his parents?).
    Yes, OJ did. I've posted in another thread the similarities between the 2 cases.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3372454;
    Yes, OJ did. I've posted in another thread the similarities between the 2 cases.
    Sorry, this is the first thread I found about Chris Brown and Rhianna.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3372348;
    Interesting on the news yesterday. The head of one of the local abused women's shelters was saying that all anybody can say is, "why is Rihanna going back to HIM?' She thinks that the real question / topic on everybody's mind should be, 'why is HE beating up his girlfriend?'
    Her point was that society just seems to take it fror granted / accepts that men will abuse women and, instead, places the onus on Rihanna.
    I think both questions are fair.

A man beats you, why would you go back? Makes zero sense to me.

I think both questions are fair, too. I don't know if you guys have read all that he allegedly did to her, but it was appalling. If even half of it is true, he needs serious therapy (or jail time or both) for doing it and she needs serious therapy for going back to him.

A detective's notes from the scene of the alleged Rihanna assault reveal disturbing details about what happened between the singer and her boyfriend Chris Brown in the early hours of Feb. 8.

According to a search warrant in the case, Rihanna, 21, read a three-page text message from a woman on Brown's phone, which led to an argument. Brown – who was charged with two felonies Thursday – allegedly tried to force his girlfriend out of the Lamborghini, and hit her head against the passenger window.

Rihanna then "turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand," says the paperwork. "He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand."

According to the detective's notes taken by Det. De Shon Andrew, blood filled Rihanna's mouth. Brown, 19, allegedly told her, "I'm going to beat the s--- out of you when we get home. You wait and see!" Rihanna called her assistant and left a message saying, "I am on my way home. Make sure the cops are there when I get there." The police notes say that prompted Brown to reply: "You just did the stupidest thing ever. Now I'm really going to kill you."

The report also says that Brown bit Rihanna and put her in a headlock, and that she almost lost consciousness.

"Brown resumed punching [Rihanna] and she interlocked her fingers behind her head and brought her elbows forward to protect her face," according to the notes. "She then bent over at the waist, placing her elbows and face near her lap in attempt to protect her face and head from the barrage of punches being levied upon her by Brown."

Eventually, Rihanna began screaming for help and Brown got out of the car, according to the notes. A nearby resident heard the calls for help and called 911.

Almost three weeks after the incident, the couple reunited in Miami Beach last week.

Police: Chris Brown Punched Rihanna, Threatened to Kill Her - Music News, Chris Brown, Rihanna : People.com
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

If Rihanna went back to Chris, that's their business. I wouldn't have. If she gets hurt again, it's her own fault.

Very true famita. She's an adult and able to make her own decisions. It seems like everyone has their personal breaking point. Hopefully he won't kill her before she gets there.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast