+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Just a few days ago, people were saying that Megan Fox ("Transformers") was going to take over Angelina Jolie's Lara Croft role in the Tomb Raider movies. Alas, that's not to be.

Now, an even more ridiculous casting choice is in the news--and its probably well beyond the mere rumor stage. Hillary Duff. As Bonnie Parker. You know... the one with the boyfriend named Clyde.

Lets see... Faye Dunaway. Hillary Duff. What do these two names NOT have in common! Answer quick!!!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Ummm.... talent? Credibility?

MRD

I can't believe they're going to make a remake of Bonnie and Clyde. Nothing can beat the team of Dunaway and Beatty in those roles.
    Hillary Duff is just laughable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Charisma? Classic beauty? A certain degree of gravitas that would add depth to the role? On the plus side, though, Hilary probably isn't quite as ill-natured and frightening as Faye. Probably.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well it could be worse. It could be Lindsay Lohan!

No I take that back. Lohan can actually play edgy, and Bonnie Parker is certainly edgy. And while she's far from a great actress, she's not the total and complete zero that Duff is. At least she's got a certain... charisma and force to her when she tries really really hard and isn't drinking or putting stuff up her nose.

Even more laughably, supposedly this masterpiece will be an "Independent Film", whatever that means these days (not what it used to).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3291792;
    I can't believe they're going to make a remake of Bonnie and Clyde. Nothing can beat the team of Dunaway and Beatty in those roles.
    Hillary Duff is just laughable.
    I agree, there's no need to remake that movie.
    I think Hillary Duff is a sweet young woman, but I don't think she has the acting chops for this kind of role.

I think the remakes are getting a little tired.
    I saw a trailer for Friday 13th yesterday, which I assume will be a remake of the original as it wasn't billed with a part number.
    I haven't checked so I'm prepared to stand corrected.

Will Smith's son Jaden is going to be starring in a remake of Karate Kid (again I ask, Why?) and I heard on one of the entertainment shows yesterday that Jackie Chan is set to play Mr Miyagi.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Remakes are getting old. No disrespect meant to Will Smith but, dammit, Ralph Macchio and only Ralph Macchio is The Karate Kid. Come up with some new ideas, people.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3293063;
    Remakes are getting old. No disrespect meant to Will Smith but, dammit, Ralph Macchio and only Ralph Macchio is The Karate Kid. Come up with some new ideas, people.
    And while they're at it, they can stop making movies out of TV shows too. God forbid someone have an original idea.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Maybe they feel all the good movie ideas are gone. Surely there are a few ideas out there,....like Barney, the beloved purple dinosaur killer or Winnie the Pooh Does Dallas.

Has anyone ever seen a remake of a movie that was better than the original? I'm not being rhetorical; I'm just wondering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast