+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Re: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Hilary Duff's new teeth (veneers?) terrify me.

And I don't think she has the gravitas to play Bonnie.

I happened to see this posting somewhere else - am going to post it in because it really gets to the essence of redoing these classic movies with other actors.

Next thing we know they’ll be remaking the The Godfather and cast Zac Effron as Michael Corleone.

I was actually rolling on the floor with that one.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Lord knows I'm no fan of Hilary Duff but Dunaway got what she deserved. Duff's comments were nasty and spot-on...Dunaway isn't relevant any longer and I doubt many people under age 35 or so have any idea who she is. And I doubt Duff could suck at portraying Bonnie any more than Dunaway did when she played Joan Crawford in Mommie Dearest.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I still have nightmare flashes on "No more wire hangars!"

MRD

I don't think there isn't an actor out there that hasn't sucked in at least one movie. And some movies are icons. I can't imagine a remake of Casablanca or Gone With the Wind, The Graduate, Midnight Cowboy and other classics. I think my husband would rise up and march on Hollywood if they ever redid the Godfather.

I happen to like Dunaway and think she was terrific in both The Thomas Crown Affair and Bonnie and Clyde. And I don't blame her for being mad that they are attempting to remake it. BUT, most filmgoers and critics are always going to stick with the original and still give her and Beatty kudos for their acting.

I'm just tired of the remakes because most of them do suck.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

To me it always seems like there's nothing new that's good enough for these up and coming actors so let's just do a remake! Let's leave the originals alone! Let's also stop coloration-oh, wait,...didn't that already happen?

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3334129;
    To me it always seems like there's nothing new that's good enough for these up and coming actors so let's just do a remake! Let's leave the originals alone! Let's also stop coloration-oh, wait,...didn't that already happen?
    I think Hollywood is lacking in creativity and, instead, tries to go with what did well before. They assume it will do well again. For some reason they fail to realize the reason why it had been good in the first place.

MRD

THere's tons of new stuff they could do. I read a LOT of books that would make GOOD movies.

Maybe those Hollywood film guys would do well to get a library card and option movie rights from books.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3335285;
    THere's tons of new stuff they could do. I read a LOT of books that would make GOOD movies.

Maybe those Hollywood film guys would do well to get a library card and option movie rights from books.
    Sadly, a lot of them are very, very young and probably don't ever set foot in a library.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3335285;

A lot of those books ARE optioned and simply never get produced into movies. It's pretty common.

Hollywood is very into "sure things". They think of remakes as that--known quantities that they know have built in name recognition.

Oddly enough, in this case the Bonnie & Clyde film isn't even a proper remake. Or inherently "Hollywood", other than this lame stunt of using The Duffster. Supposedly its an independent film, which almost certainly means its going to be completely written from scratch.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast