+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Re: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3297420;
    NOPE! The original Willy Wonka is the ONLY one that should be allowed. No one will believe this but when the movie first came out I saw it in the theater and I went to the snack bar and bought a chocolate candy bar....... I WON a Golden Ticket! YEP! ME! The holder of a GOLDEN TICKET!

Sorry Johhny. I will continue to go to Disneyland on a regular basis and say HI to you on the Pirate's ride!
    Funny thing about the Original Willy wonka movie is that the writer of the book HATED it!!
    He said the JD remake was much closer to his vision.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;3298100;
    I don't know what it's supposed to be, but I must see it

It can't be a straight remake though, Jason wasn't the killer in the first one.
    As I mentioned earlier, The new Friday the 13th movie is a "re-imagining". They are totally reworking the story. They are doing a re-imagining for Nightmare on Elm Street and My Bloody Valentine as well. It's like what they did with The Hulk. Totally threw out Eric Banna's version and reworked it with Ed Norton. BTW, Ed Norton's version was ten times better.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3298283;
    Funny thing about the Original Willy wonka movie is that the writer of the book HATED it!!
    Sounds like The Shining. Stephen King didn't like the original version so he wrote the new movie and it was much closer to the book.

The author, Roald Dahl, had quite a dark side to most of children's book and adult fiction as well. He always said a lot of it came from abuse he took at boarding schools. Personally, I liked the Gene Wilder version better, but I understood why Dahl didn't.

Regardless, I always admired the way he took care of wife Patricia Neal (of Hud and A Face In the Crowd fame, among many others) when she suffered her a major stroke during her fifth pregnancy. He managed her recovery and treatment and helped her learn to walk and talk again. She had been in a coma for three weeks. Although their 30-year marriage was know to be very turbulent, I have to think highly of him for that alone. Thanks to him and to her own courage, this multiple award winning actress is still working.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Premium Member

So Kevin Zegers (who?) has been cast opposite Hillary Duff (WTH) in the new Bonnie and Clyde movie. I smell box office failure here.

MRD

Florimel, I always thought the book was kind of dark, still it was one of my favorites when I was a child.

Paridy, I smell failure too. At least I have heard of Hillary Duff. No clue as to who the male actor is.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I would like to see Star Wars episode 1, 2 & 3 redone with real actors/acting. The underlying story is not bad, but Lucas tends to overshadow any real character development with too many special effects, needless/endless battle scenes, great costuming and stage sets. If the people who are currently doing the Animated Clone Wars could redo it, the eps would definitely be better than the originals.

I personally find the reimagined Battlestar Galactica much better then the original TV series.

Also there are so many wonderful books out there that I wonder why more and better films are not being made; do I really want to see a remake of Gilligan's Island on the big screen? Well no. The Flintstones was a colossal failure but look what they have done with the Batman franchise. Smallville is a really good example what can be done with old premise. (The reworking of the Superman myth).
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

The book I really want to see made into a film now that the technology is there to do it is Robert Heinlein's Stranger In A Strange Land. My husband, when he was my fiancee, hooked me on science fiction when he gave me this book. Anyone grok?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3298283;
    You sure youre talking about the same movie/book/author? in this case of Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Roald Dahl died 15 years prior to the second movie being made. I know he didn't care for the first movie, but there no movie being made untill Burton was hired on in 2003ish to make it again, still well after Dahls death.

And Bearcata, remaking Star Wars, ohhhh noooo. lol. They are perfect the way they are. Part of the charm if you will IS the bad effects (which back in 1977 were the best!!). I could NEVER see any one but Ford playing Han Solo or Mark Hamill playing Luke Skywalker. Some movies you just can't touch.. the first 3 SW movies are 3 of them!

As for Battlestar Galactica, i still have a soft spot for the old show.. and can't get past a female Starbuck. Its all wrong to me.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 02-03-2009 at 10:08 AM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

What about A Star Is Born? Different times,... different actors,...

BUT,The Karate Kid is untouchable!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast