+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Re: The Movie Casting Rumor Topic

Yeah, I think I enjoyed JD's version better than the original, too. Although I do like both and I own them both, too.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

As do I, nilesgirl...

There are a few movies I prefer the remake to: Blow Out over Blowup, Dawn of the Dead, The Fly, Payback over Point Blank. But overall, no. My opinion has always been that if you must remake a film, remake one that was crap to begin with. There is nowhere to go but up.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have an issue with remakes of foreign films into American films. It never comes out the way it was meant to be in the original.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3296604;
    I thought the Johnny Depp version of "Willie Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was better than the original Gene Wilder version (though I liked both). Of course, a lot of that is probably due to advances in technology, etc.
    Don't let my hubby hear you say that! He absolutely loves the original and refuses to watch the Johnny Depp version. He's funny that way.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3297270;
    Don't let my hubby hear you say that! He absolutely loves the original and refuses to watch the Johnny Depp version. He's funny that way.
    NOPE! The original Willy Wonka is the ONLY one that should be allowed. No one will believe this but when the movie first came out I saw it in the theater and I went to the snack bar and bought a chocolate candy bar....... I WON a Golden Ticket! YEP! ME! The holder of a GOLDEN TICKET!

Sorry Johhny. I will continue to go to Disneyland on a regular basis and say HI to you on the Pirate's ride!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3297420;
    NOPE! The original Willy Wonka is the ONLY one that should be allowed. No one will believe this but when the movie first came out I saw it in the theater and I went to the snack bar and bought a chocolate candy bar....... I WON a Golden Ticket! YEP! ME! The holder of a GOLDEN TICKET!

Sorry Johhny. I will continue to go to Disneyland on a regular basis and say HI to you on the Pirate's ride!
    I have to agree and I LOVE Johnny Depp. The remake of
    Willy Wonka was the only JD movie where he totally creeped me out.
    The first movie was so much better.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The original 12 Angry Men is my favourite movie and I refused to watch the remake.

I thought of this thread when I noticed Bonnie and Clyde was on Canadian tv last night.
    I PVR'd it to watch later.
    "That's Numberwang!"

MRD

12 Angry Men is one of my husband's favorites. We just watched it again recently.

Bonnie and Clyde was probably the first violent movie I can remember seeing. I saw it on tv, so a lot of the violence was cut out. I was WAY too young for my parents to take me to see it when it came out in the theater. But I have since seen the original version and it's a classic which is why I'm against the remake. Faye Dunaway has always been a superb actress and she is fabulous in this movie. Warren Beatty, either hate or love him and I loved him in this movie. To me, they ARE Bonnie and Clyde and I couldn't imagine anyone else in the roles.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

JR.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3292427;
    I saw a trailer for Friday 13th yesterday, which I assume will be a remake of the original as it wasn't billed with a part number.
    I haven't checked so I'm prepared to stand corrected.
    I don't know what it's supposed to be, but I must see it

It can't be a straight remake though, Jason wasn't the killer in the first one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast