+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wacko Jacko Topic

The Wacko Jacko Topic

50 years young and he's still providing endless fodder for us.

What's new in the land of Michael? Well, first of all, allegedly now he's "Mikaeel". I kid you not. And he finally has to put away the Jesus Juice. But not for the reason you think... it's because now he'll have to refer to it as "Mohammad Juice". Supposing the Sun hasn't just made this up totally, I mean.

Michael Jackson coverts to Islam changing his name to Mikaeel | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre

The way you Mecca me feel
    By NEIL SYSON, THE SUN

Published: Today

MICHAEL JACKSON has become a Muslim — and changed his name to MIKAEEL.

The skint superstar, 50, donned Islamic garb to pledge allegiance to the Koran in a ceremony at a pal’s mansion in Los Angeles, The Sun can reveal.

Jacko sat on the floor wearing a tiny hat after an Imam was summoned to officiate — days before the singer is due to appear at London’s High Court where he is being sued by an Arab sheik.

A source told last night how Jacko, brought up as a Jehovah’s Witness, decided to convert as he used a studio at the home of his chum to record a new album.

The star — whose hits include The Way You Make Me Feel — was spotted looking “a bit down” by a producer and a songwriter who had both embraced Islam.

The source said: “They began talking to him about their beliefs, and how they thought they had become better people after they converted. Michael soon began warming to the idea.

“An Imam was summoned from the mosque and Michael went through the shahada, which is the Muslim declaration of belief.” Mikaeel is the name of one of Allah’s angels.

“Jacko rejected an alternative name, Mustafa — meaning “the chosen one”.

Brit singer Yousef Islam, 60 — who was called Cat Stevens until he famously converted — turned up to help Jacko celebrate.

It was his pals David Wharnsby — a Canadian songwriter — and producer Phillip Bubal who counselled Jacko.

The pair’s new names are Dawud Wharnsby Ali and Idris Phillips.

Jacko now prays to Mecca after the ceremony at the Hollywood Hills home of Toto keyboard player Steve Porcaro, 51, who composed music on the singer’s Thriller album.

Jacko, who rarely ventures out without a mask, is due to give evidence on Monday in a £4.7million lawsuit brought by Prince Abdulla Al-Khalif of Bahrain.

The sheik claims he bankrolled the singer’s lavish lifestyle in exchange for an exclusive recording contract. The billionaire sent songs for him to record but claims he was blanked.

He told the court yesterday: “Many times he confirmed to me he would pay me back.”

n.syson@the-sun.co.uk
    Me, I'm curious why the Scientologists didn't get there first. Unless they did (via Lisa-Marie) and it just didn't stick.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: The Wacko Jacko Topic

I feel bad for Muslims everywhere. As if they didn't get enough bad press from the radical zealots in their midst. I'm sure they are thrilled to count M.J. in their number.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3238429;
    50 years young and he's still providing endless fodder for us.
    The title of that article just about made me spit out my Pepsi!!! "The way you Mecca me feel"

These days the bizarre stories about MJ just make me sad. He was sooo talented and now he is just sooo....crazy...

More about Michael... err... I mean Mikaeel's current legal tussle.

Michael Jackson was so broke he had no bank account; sheikh paid pop star's bill, nanny testifies

Michael Jackson was so broke he had no bank account; sheikh paid pop star's bill, nanny testifies

By ELLEN TUMPOSKY
    DAILY NEWS CORRESPONDENT

Friday, November 21st 2008, 1:27 PM
    Michael Jackson (c.) and Sheikh Abdullah bin Hamad Al Khalifa (l.), son of the King of Bahrain in 2005. The singer's nanny testified that the sheikh paid the singer's utility bills.

LONDON - Michael Jackson's nanny testified Friday that a Bahrainian prince wired her $1 million - because the singer didn't have a bank account.

The pop star was once one of the wealthiest entertainers in the world, but in 2005 he was so broke he needed a sheikh to pay his utility bills.

The nanny, Grace Rwaramba, said she was "flabbergasted" when Jacko's benefactor, Sheikh Abdulla bin Hamad Al-Khalifa put $35,000 into her account to cover bills for Neverland Ranch in California.

When he followed up with a transfer of $1 million, "it blew my mind," Rwaramba said.

She was testifying as a defense witness in London High Court, where the sheikh's $7 million breach-of-contract suit against Jackson is being heard.

Al-Khalifa claims he bankrolled the former pop star because he agreed to produce and album, an autobiography and musical for a joint venture.

He charges Jackson reneged on the deal and should pay back the money.

Rwaramba testified that the 33-year-old sheikh, the son of the king of Bahrain, made the initial $35,000 payment before he ever met Jackson.

And she claims he never asked the singer to repay him.

"It was a gift. He'd say, what can I do for my brother, what can I get the children," she testified.

The singer is due to testify Monday.

"He will walk in the door with his head held high," said a source close to Jackson.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

"He will walk in the door with his head held high," said a source close to Jackson.
    Yeah. In his hospital gown and Bugs Bunny slippers just to prove he really was sick.

Is it true that there hasn't been a MJ thread before now? Krom, how is that possible? I would have thought you would have created one long before now.

I see now there's an old "Update on The Jackson Family" topic. I suppose we could have used that.

And really, nobody's been brave enough to make a Lohan topic. So its not like Jackos been alone in being ignored.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3238851;
    I see now there's an old "Update on The Jackson Family" topic. I suppose we could have used that.

And really, nobody's been brave enough to make a Lohan topic. So its not like Jackos been alone in being ignored.
    Nah. I like the "Wacko Jacko" heading. So appropriate.

You're right about Lohan. How did she escape her own thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3238854;
    Nah. I like the "Wacko Jacko" heading. So appropriate.

You're right about Lohan. How did she escape her own thread?
    Ummm. Nobody cares?

Am I the only one who wishes Jacko would move to another country and just stay there in a house and never leave? I am so done with all of his antics and much like Paris Hilton wish he would leave my news and tv screen.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3239288;
    Ummm. Nobody cares?
    Why she's got all the elements of a good classic story! Abusive manipulative mother, drunken melt-downs from a path of glory (err... relative glory), a fall from grace, and a peaceful epilogue with her lesbian lover.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3239771;
    Am I the only one who wishes Jacko would move to another country and just stay there in a house and never leave.
    Hasn't he basically done this for the most part? Other than time in court, I don't think he's spent much of the last decade anywhere near the United States. Heck, he was begging room and board from this Sheik dude, who I think had set him up in the U.K.

The AP now says he of the mask, and he of the gutrah (that's the name of the head gear) have reached an out of court settlement: The Associated Press: Jackson spokeswoman: singer, sheik settle lawsuit

Jackson spokeswoman: singer, sheik settle lawsuit

3 hours ago

LONDON (AP) — Michael Jackson's spokeswoman says the pop star has reached a settlement with a Bahraini sheik who is suing him for $7 million.

Celena Aponte says the out-of-court settlement means Jackson will not appear at London's High Court as scheduled on Monday. Aponte says Jackson was informed of the deal as he was about to board a flight to London.

Sheik Abdulla bin Hamad Al Khalifa says he gave the singer millions and planned a series of collaborations following Jackson's acquittal on child molestation charges in June 2005. Jackson says the money was a gift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast