+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

We have a thread for death, so why not one for birth?

Talk about the babies of celebrities here, unless there is some other more appropriate thread (for example, if Tom Cruise has another kid that would go in his dedicated thread).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Jason Lee just had another kid. If you recall, his first child's name is the infamous, Pilot Inspektor.

Pilot has someone to share the controls with in the cockpit of life.

Extreme baby-namer Jason Lee and live-in girlfriend Ceren Alkac have welcomed their first child together, a daughter born Aug. 10, Us Weekly reports.

The couple haven't revealed their new addition's name yet, but here's hoping Lee, who confirmed in May that he and Alkac were expecting a girl, got the lead out when he named Pilot Inspektor, his now nearly 5-year-old son from a previous relationship.

"The opening track, 'He's Simple, He's Dumb, He's the Pilot,' absolutely blew my mind when I first heard it," Lee, who obviously had some explaining to do, told Entertainment Weekly in 2003, referring to the 2000 Granddaddy album The Sophtware Slump.

He also said, however, that it was the boy's mom, actress Beth Riesgraf, who came up with the name after hearing the tune, so his daughter has a fighting chance.

Meanwhile, the My Name Is Earl star has had no comment on reports that he and Alkac are planning to tie the knot soon. He was spied waiting in line, seemingly for a marriage license, at the Norwalk, Calif., courthouse in June.

It would be the second vow swap for Lee, 38, who was married to photographer Carmen Llywelyn from 1995 to 2001.

Jason Lee's Name Is Dad Again - E! Online
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

At least Matt Damon and his wife picked a nice name:

Hollywood actor Matt Damon has become a father for the second time, after his wife Luciana gave birth to a baby girl.

Damon and Luciana are doing great and have named their newly born as Gia Zavala, confirmed their representative.

The beautiful tot was born on August 20.

The newborn joins sister Isabella, 2, and half-sister Alexia, 10, Luciana's daughter from a previous relationship to make the household ultra feminine.

'I'm so outnumbered down here, it's crazy,' E! Online quoted Damon, as saying.

Damon is a 'phenomenal' father, he absolutely adores those kids, he's doing it really well,' Damon's close pal actor George Clooney said.
    link
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Isabella, Alexia, and Gia are all beautiful names. In people's quest to name their child something different there are lots of "old school" names that are much more appropriate than names like Pilot, Jet and Dweezil. My mother has a lot of issues but I am eternally thankful she gave me and my siblings what I consider to be normal names.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Those are lovely names - mind you, I have a preference for girls' names that are dignified yet beautiful. Most of my kids' friends and cousins have what I think are more childish names, all of them ending with "ee" or "ie" (like Kylee or Kassie). That's fine, just not to my liking.

After seeing classroom lists that have innumerable Connors, Dylans, Briannes, Emmas, Taylors, Tylers, etc., etc., I'm not sure that I mind the celebaby trend of wacky names. I was told that in one class last year there were FOUR Dylans. There's nothing wrong with any of those names - in fact, "Connor" was a name I considered if I'd had a boy instead of girls - but one thing I did do before I named my kids was check the most popular names and immediately eliminate the top 10 from consideration. I wouldn't go so far as to name my child "Pilot" but I didn't want them to go to kindergarten and have to wear a number on their nametag next to their given name.

ETA: Us Magazine (I can't find the link now, sorry) has a bit on the meanings behind celebrity baby names. Personally, I quite like Honor, Harlow, and Knox.
    Last edited by AJane; 08-26-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I've always been torn between Inspektor Pilot and Moxie Crime Fighter as the worst names ever that a celeb gave his or her child. So far they are maintaining a tie for that top spot.

The worst name ever (in my opinion) though is Gigi (first name) Judy (last name). She went to school with one of my daughters and I was always afraid to ask what her middle name was.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

My sister had a friend named Gracie Grassi. I always though she was talking about an imaginary friend when she would talk about Gracie Grassi - then I met her. It just sounded to funny to be real.

Which actor named his son 'Peanut'? Poor kid.. he has a dogs name. In fact, I call my chihuahua that...

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3178407;
    I've always been torn between Inspektor Pilot and Moxie Crime Fighter as the worst names ever that a celeb gave his or her child. So far they are maintaining a tie for that top spot.
    The classic "Moon Unit" has to be pretty far up there. And while its much shorter, "Apple" doesn't really inspire confidence. And Kal-El Cage (or is it Kal-El Coppola?) is a kid destined to have the crap beat out of him, being named after not one but TWO comic book characters ("Cage" came from the Marvel comics character Luke Cage).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3178867;
    Which actor named his son 'Peanut'? Poor kid.. he has a dogs name. In fact, I call my chihuahua that...
    That would be Indo Rademacher, who apparently is on General Hospital.

[Readers] had a strong reaction to the decision by Ingo Rademacher and his fiancée, Ehiku, to name their 10-day-old son Peanut Kai, and now Ingo has offered some insight into the couple's thought process.

The name Peanut "puts a smile on everyone's face" and "kind of represented joy and happiness to us," the 37-year-old General Hospital actor says. "We were calling him that when he was in mommy." Meanwhile, Kai -- which means 'water' in Hawaiian -- pays homage to Ehiku's Hawaiian roots, and is also a possible nod to Ingo's longtime love of surfing. Ingo reveals to People.com that he assisted in delivering Peanut at home in Malibu with the assistance of a midwife. He says,

We were set on home birth right away. A hospital was not a place we wanted to be.

Peanut is the first child for the couple, who plan to marry in Hawaii next year.
    Hmmm... a hospital is exactly where I wanted to be when I had my daughter, but that's off topic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast