+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Re: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

I've chosen Kailyn Elizabeth and Amy Karissa for girls and Matthew Ian and Mark Robert for boys for when we have kids. We want 2 so we chose 2 boys names and 2 girls names.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3187712;
    ...Which reminds me that hopefully parents think ahead about what the kid's initials will spell...
    i know a guy who's initials are G.A.Y.
    and yep, he's gay.

when i was a teen, i knew a girl named cherry blossom ... her first name was pronounced "sherry".

A little OT but related to something a page or so back.

So last night I went out bar hopping and decided that every time someone asked my name I would give them a fake name from my past "girl's list" Oh what a riot! This one guy named Jedadiah who I run into EVERY time I go out was like "I'm so sorry, I know we chat every time I see you, but I don't remember your name" So I laughed and told him it was Lena. (like Lehy-nah) Imagine a thick Greek accent. LENA! he says "I won't forget it now!"

Later that night I was walking through another bar and I hear "LENA!" I thought to myself "wow, someone named lena around here?" then I remembered and looked up. Yup, sure enough he was calling me! I laughed so hard and then had to confess the fib I had told. Now we'll see if he ever remembers either name in the future.

I have to admit though, after hearing someone call that name out to me as if it was mine, it did feel different than if I had simply heard it on someone else. I think I'll try it with a few more names.. just incase husband and I ever figure out a way to have another someday.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3187694;
    My brother was given the name of the Dr that delivered us, but since Mom was told she could never have children and he did a special experimental surgery (at the time) that allowed her to - I would have too. But it is his middle name. Egon. but his first name is a common one - although we did tease him about his middle name once in a while. and gee, I wonder who would have started that. his bratty little sister maybe?
    When I was young and into my teens years, I wished a lot of things on my brothers. But I don't know if I'd wish the name of the doctor that delivered us on him. It was Dr. Pyles.

. Was his first name Gomer? My husband used to go to a dentist named Dr. Payne.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3187430;
    My husband and I went to TX a couple of years ago and were told this story about a woman who had had a little boy the year before and gave him a really horrible name. I will spell it the way it is pronounced first and then you can probably imagine the way it is actually spelled. It is prounounced Shy-thead (like head with a t) now take out the hyphen and change the y to an i and that is how it is really spelled. That poor child. Now there is a kid who is going to get beat up on an hourly basis.
    Ha, I wonder if it's the same woman as in the aforementioned last chapter of Freakonomics? Although I think the pronunciation there was shuh-teed.

Also from that chapter, a woman who tried to name her daughter after the Cosby Show's Tempestt Bledsoe, but botched the spelling and ended up naming the girl Temptress. It proved prophetic.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3185429;
    there is a Dr. Doctor in a city near here. he's a cardiologist. can you imagine hearing THAT on the paging system?
    That cardiologist is from India, we've often wondered if that was his original name or if he altered it in some way. (I believe we're talking about the same guy).
    I did grow up with an orthopedic surgeon Dr. Bonebreak--I kid you not, down the block.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3191903;
    That cardiologist is from India, we've often wondered if that was his original name or if he altered it in some way. (I believe we're talking about the same guy).
    i'm sure we're talking about the same guy.
    my ex mother in law used to work with him at bronson hospital. she was an OR nurse.

Name fads that irritate me the most are well known names that are spelled weird. It's just going to cause a lot of confusion all through the child's life. Just spell it like it's spelled, you know? I'm not talking about Catherine/Katherine, but like Alexandra/Alyxxandrahh

I went through 5 baby name books during my last pregnancy. The boys name was easy, my hubby and I had already talked about Oscar for a boy - named after my Grandfather. But we never did commit to a girl's name. I loved Frances, he liked Marilyn, and neither one of us liked the other's. We poured through book after book and in the end we both thought Vivian was okay, but we lost the little peanut before we finalized anything. Girl names are hard - there are so many!

Gwyneth Paltrow takes a lot of heat for naming her kid Apple. But kind of got away with naming the second Moses. I think Moses is worse than Apple.

Minnie Driver had her baby and gave him a normal name....well his first name is normal anyway.

E! Online Entertainment - Minnie Driver Becomes a Mum

Minnie Driver Becomes a Mum

Minnie Driver isn't shy about introducing this little guy to the world.

The Oscar- and Emmy-nominated British actress welcomed her first child, son Henry Story Driver, Friday in Los Angeles, according to her rep.

Publicist Jessica Kolstad tells People that the baby weighed 9 pounds, 12 ounces.

Meanwhile, the identity of Henry's father remains a closely kept secret.

"He's going to be a dad, so, yeah, he's going to be there for the kid," she told People in June.

"I'm not getting married to this person, and I don't know what's going to happen, but everyone is cool about the situation."

Driver, 38, who has Matt Damon, John Cusack and Josh Brolin on her roster of past romances, revealed in March during a Tonight Show appearance that she was expecting—after Jay Leno commented on her curviness.

"Yes, I am," she replied to the "Are you?" question, adding that she was enjoying being pregnant "more than anything else."

© 2008 E! Entertainment Television, Inc. All rights reserved., Copyright
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread