+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Re: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Well here is a normal name:

J.R. Martinez and his girlfriend Diana Gonzalez-Jones just had a daughter and she is named Lauryn Anabelle Martinez!! Congrats to the new parents!
    tapper01 and Debb70 like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    After 22 months of pregnancy, Jessica Simpson gave birth today to Maxwell Drew Johnson .
    Ironic she names the baby the same name as her ex-husband, Nick's brother, Drew.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FoRTer

In the minority here, but I think Maxwell Drew sounds pretty - especially if you just take the sound of it without applying gender ideas. I've read that Maxwell is his mom's maiden name, and Drew is her mom's maiden name. I think something like that was mentioned upthread... it's a fairly common thing that I'm used to (must be southern tradition, as I'm nowhere near a weathy circle). I was always a little jealous of my friends who had last names that would translate well into first names later. But it did seem like Jessica was pregnant for a loooong time!
    JulieAnn likes this.

My family uses last names as middle names too, but they're also appropriate to the sex of the baby.
    GoingInCircles likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

And I remember nuns named Sister Michael Mary, Robert Mary or whatever back in the olden days.

The only reason I care at all about gender specificity in a name is because I frequently have to address correspondence to unknown individuals and it would really help if I enough information to determine whether the salutory address should be to Mr. or Ms. That same issue applies to people from countries where the names are unfamiliar to me. I know that Vikram and Yannik are male, Zlatica and Aneela are female, but Pooja and Brony are anyone's guess. Once the powers that be determine a gender neutral form of address (Dear Comrade Simpson, I won't care a whit.
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I guess as long as a baby isn't being named Hitler, Caligula or Satan its okay.
    Miss Scarlet likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    After 22 months of pregnancy, Jessica Simpson gave birth today to Maxwell Drew Johnson (9 pounds 13 ounces and 21.75 inches).....a DAUGHTER. I don't mind androgynous names, but this one is just plain masculine. Maybe they'll call her Maxie. Still, one of the worst I've heard recently. It's not kooky and original, it's just for the wrong gender! Wonder what they'd name a girl.....
    LMAO @ 22 months of pregnancy. I don't know which is worse~~people thinking she is a boy or being called Maxie. Almost 10 lb baby....yikes. Best wishes to the Simpson/Johnson family!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Mira Sorvino and hubby Christopher Baccus welcomed baby #4 (two boys and two girls total).

Newborn Lucia's three siblings are seven year old sister Mattea, and brother Johnny who's 5 and Holden who is 2. Boys names are pretty straight forward. Girls names, not so much. I know of at least two ways to pronounce Lucia and I could come up with 3 for Mattea.

Mira Sorvino Welcomes Baby Number Four - The Hollywood Reporter
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Mira Sorvino and hubby Christopher Baccus welcomed baby #4 (two boys and two girls total).

Newborn Lucia's three siblings are seven year old sister Mattea, and brother Johnny who's 5 and Holden who is 2. Boys names are pretty straight forward. Girls names, not so much. I know of at least two ways to pronounce Lucia and I could come up with 3 for Mattea.
    Mira Sorvino Welcomes Baby Number Four - The Hollywood Reporter
    But they are normal.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

+ Reply to Thread