+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Re: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Bing Bellamy?????????

Do these people even care about their kids????

AZchristian, I have heard the "Female" story as well. I also had an inner city detective friend that ran into a female perp with a
    the birth name of "****head" pronounced, "Shi theed" with the accent on the second syllable. (I hope that's okay to post - if not, I'm sorry!)
    Last edited by Critical; 07-15-2011 at 12:12 AM.

Fort Member

I have an unusual name, actually a totally stupid name my parents gave me especially combined with my surname. So much so that upon hearing it most people would not believe it and think they misheard it and so I ended up enrolled in school under the wrong name, which suited me just fine as I was 8 at the time and so sick of correcting people that I just gave up, as I used my school records as ID to get my drivers licence and my Drivers Licence and School records to get a bank account, by the time I was an adult the only thing I had to put my real name on was my passport. When I met my husband I told him my real name his friends almost convinced him that I had made it up so therefore my phone number was bogus. Once married my name combined with my husbands surname no longer has the same meaning and is not so bad but when I introduce myself people still get it wrong so I just answer to whatever they call me. My parents just thought the name was cool (nutty hippies) and never considered the impact it would have on me, they just asumed, I guess, that I would be as insane as they were and never once thought they would have a geek as child who would never have the confidence to carry off her name. I dont hate them for it but I do wish they had put more thought to it, then again I could have been my sister, she got an even stupider name. My brother, however, got a very normal name from the bible. Go figure.

As far as Bingham goes and even Bing I dont mind, Bing Bellamy has that 1940s movie millionare type feel to it or a name out of an Agatha Christie book
    I think the celebrity baby name that annoys me the most is probably Rob Morrow calling his child Tu I dont think anyone has topped that for me yet

Lucynda, now I'm dying to know what your name is!!!
    Little Sew&Sew and JavaJo like this.

I know - me too! PM me and I promise I'll keep it secret!
    In return, I'll tell you my daughter's name which would probably go on some people's list of crazy names. Luckily she loves it and the attention it brings her.
    Fortunately my first daughter wasn't a boy... we were considering Yoda.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 07-16-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Bing Bellamy doesn't really bother me.
    The name did work for Bing Crosby for a very long time, after all.

Bing Bellamy kind of conjures up a guy who's come from "old money."
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Sorry, I'm just not feeling the "Bing"!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: Miscellaneous Celebrity News

Ivanka Trump and hubby named their daughter Arabella Rose according to Donald Trump and Yahoo news.

Ivanka Trump Names Daughter Arabella Rose - Yahoo! TV Blog

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Ivanka Trump and hubby named their daughter Arabella Rose according to Donald Trump and Yahoo news.

Ivanka Trump Names Daughter Arabella Rose - Yahoo! TV Blog
    Oops! This should have gone under just "Celebrity News" thread yesterday. "Arabella Rose" seems like a normal enough name.

FORT Fanatic

Retired teacher--I've heard many names, but always made it a practice to learn the correct pronunciation to make the child feel comfortable. One of my sorority sisters gave birth many years ago to lovely baby girl and named her January Tu-Tu, which is her birthday January 22nd. Then a few years later another sister was born in April 22nd, so she became April Tu-Tu. And as lovely young adults, they introduce themselves by full names.

We had a neighbor that had three girls, Summer, Autumn and Winter, and their answering machine said, Welcome to the home of the 3 seasons!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Oops! This should have gone under just "Celebrity News" thread yesterday. "Arabella Rose" seems like a normal enough name.
    It is a reasonably common name, at least in England, but the idiot Trump considers it to be exotic.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread