+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Re: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

I have had a lemonjello it is pronounced Lamon gel lo The G/J has a funny gh sound

FORT Fanatic

I grew up in northern, way northern, Wisconsin with a very unussual name. I hated every time a teacher would mispronounce my name. Then I turned 16 an found out that boys liked that I had a name that no one else would ever have. Totally changed my mind about my name. Being an adult now, no one ever forgets my name, I love it.

MRD

I went to high school back in the 70's with twins named Tequila and Tiajuana.

Wonder what their mother was doing and where she was doing it when she got pregnant?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3988851;
    I grew up in northern, way northern, Wisconsin with a very unussual name. I hated every time a teacher would mispronounce my name. Then I turned 16 an found out that boys liked that I had a name that no one else would ever have. Totally changed my mind about my name. Being an adult now, no one ever forgets my name, I love it.
    One thing about having a name no one knows how to pronounce ... I answer to anything nice! Occasionally someone will say it correctly, but most of the time, no.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Imissme, I guess that's the first "Imissme" that I've ever heard of.....

To the Point

My MIL saw all kinds of names for new babies when she worked in records at a hospital. Couple of her favorites: Neverseen Jackson (when asked of the origin the mom said the dad was neverseen again after he found out she was pregnant), and Placenta.

Go figure!

When my Mom was doing clinical in labor and delivery she was the nurse for this sweet couple. They had their baby overnight while she was not on shift. When she came in the next morning she asked what they had named their baby girl. While I cannot remember the name, I clearly remember what my Mom's response was...She asked them if they thought about the fact that their child was going to hate her name. They said they hadn't even thought about how she would feel about it. They had taken the first three letters from each of their names and combined them (I remember it was almost impossible to pronounce properly by looking at it phonetically). The middle name was Uniqua in honor of their unique love for one another.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My hubby used to be in Army Intelligence and had to conduct numerous background interviews. He once ran into a woman whose name was pronounced "Fe-MAH-le." She said her parents hadn't provided the name for the birth certificate on time, so the hospital just named her. It's spelled "Female."

Kate Hudson and her baby daddy named their son Bingham "Bing" Hawn Bellamy. It's the "Bing" that pushes it over the edge.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Bingham?? Err...okay. I can't say that I'm a fan of that one.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm okay with Bingham. It's the shortening to "Bing" that gets me. I can't say it without making it sound like a sound effect!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread