+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Re: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Louella is an old old name.

Its the female Lous who AREN'T actually Louellas that's er... new.

I think its also a common MIDDLE name for girls. Again, I think it USED to be "Louella" that way too, but over time became "Cindy Lou", "Mary Lou" (as opposed to Marilu), etc. SOME of whom I bet eventually wound up being nicknamed simply "Lou".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

LG.

Lou is also short for Louise, and I'm sure there are other traditional girls names that can be shortened. I think its a cute name for girls. Better than that silly "Sparrow" name for Nicole Ritchie's son, but Nicole looks like she is turning out to be a good mom (I saw the article in People this week), so better to have good parents and a goofy name than messed up parents for Hollywood kids.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

Lou can also be short for Lucille.

I had an aunt whose name was Lucille but nobody ever called her anything but "Lou."

It can also be short for Luann.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Only An Opinion

I went to my cousin's baby shower and she had friends over that I met that day but was never introduced to. Some of us were helping prepare the food and started talking about baby names. We started talking about crazy names that celebrities were coming up with and I said "Yah, I tripped out that Gweneth named her baby Apple...kind of crazy huh?" Then one of the girls at the party said, "My name is Apple."

And then there's my bud Edward... he named his daughter Abcde pronounced ab-seh-dee

FORT Fogey

The school my husband subbed at had twins names orangejello and lemonjello. I cannot imagine being named after a flavor of jello.

Re: What celebrity do you share a birthday with?

Padma Lakshmi produces...

Krishna.

News – Top Chef's Padma Lakshmi Welcomes Baby Girl! – Moms & Babies – UsMagazine.com

Which other than the fact that I thought that was a male name (and she had a daughter) seems almost normal (for an Indian name).

Perhaps it is meant to denote a miracle--which is what he pregnancy at age 39, and a history of endometriosis, apparently was.

Father unknown--not that it matters all that much with Padma's money.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I know a woman named Rose Desmarais who married Lawrence Cox. The poor dear!
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!
    Dougal: Oh no thanks Ted, I've got these crisps, here.

In keeping with celebrity names- this name in itself is not unusual per se, but in combination with the family name, it morphs into something else: Stephen King named his son Joseph- making him Joe King...
    Ted: Dougal, you can't sit around here watching television all day - chewing gum for the eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3762054;
    The school my husband subbed at had twins names orangejello and lemonjello. I cannot imagine being named after a flavor of jello.

I immediately thought of the song 'Shakin' All Over' when I read this!Thank goodness there's no uglifruit JELL-O!
    (Say, could these girls be sued for copyright infringement?)

+ Reply to Thread