+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

Re: Celebaby News: aka "What NOT to name your kid"

My SIL named her daughter Charlee (spelled with the two E's at the end). She thought she was being original, won't she be disappointed now. Actually, I was recently told of another girl that was a Charlie as well.

I like Milan as well, but Chase, not so much. Particularly for a girl. Mind you, I wasn't crazy about Violet either. I get a mental picture of someone's slightly dotty aunt, an elderly woman wearing tiny wire-rimmed glasses and crocheting something.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

You know, AJane, I had an Aunt Violet and I remember in the 70's she wore her hair and lipstick (bright red and wider than her mouth) in the 40's style!

I also know a woman named Charlie, although I have to admit I don't know if it's short for anything.

In the NY Daily news today they had an article about weird celebrity baby names. Of course they had Lisa Bonet's baby there as well as Aslee Simpson's baby. Others who made the list were...

Kevin James' daughter Shea, named after Shea stadium (I don't find this one that weird).

Rapper T.I.'s son Major Harris

"Flight of the Conchord" star Jermaine Clement's son Sophocles Iraia Clement.

Gwen Stefani's son Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale.

Soleil Moon Frye's daughter Jagger Joseph Blue Goldberg (what did you expect from someone named Soleil Moon Frye).

Dermont Mulroney's daughter Mabel Ray Mulroney (this one made the list because the news claims it's a great name to keep your daughter celibate-lol)

LG.

I can't believe that their list left off a couple of my favorites:

Jason Lee (My Name is Earl) named a baby Pilot Inspector

Nick Cago named his son Cal-El or whatever is Superman's Kryptonian name - awful

and, kicking it old school, Frank Zappa's daughter Moon Unit - I mean really, Moon Unit? That's just awful, even 3 decades later.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Well...here's the name Seraphina Rose Elizabeth Affleck I like it...guess they're going for flower names..Violet and Rose
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Mr Nerd and I were kicking around Seraphine (as a middle name)
    when we didn't know we were having a second boy yet.
    So I'm comfprtable with that variation

Also, I don't care what the reason was behind it, Shea is also really beautiful.
    I don't automatically think of the stadium, I think of the butter and imagine she smells just lovely
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I like the name Elizabeth the best of all the Affleck names...I think Elizabeth Seraphina Rose actually has a better ring, but hey, not my baby! I'm sure she's a cutie pie like big sister Violet!

The Daily News left off a few names, because they were only counting the names from the past few months. As for the name Shea, I've heard the name before, but don't ever recall it as a girl's name. Still, I have no problems with it. Now Pilot Inspektor....OY!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3276595;
    I like the name Elizabeth the best of all the Affleck names...I think Elizabeth Seraphina Rose actually has a better ring, but hey, not my baby! I'm sure she's a cutie pie like big sister Violet!
    Hey, they used my name.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I read that Erykah Badu is expecting a third child this year. Considering her current children are named Seven Sirius and Puma Rose, I'm wondering what her next child will be named!

+ Reply to Thread