+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Johnny Sheffield, ‘Boy’ in Tarzan Movies, Dies at 79

Johnny Sheffield, ‘Boy’ in Tarzan Movies, Dies at 79
    By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Published: October 20, 2010

CHULA VISTA, Calif. (AP) — Johnny Sheffield, who played the character Boy in the Tarzan movies of the 1930s and ’40s, died on Friday at his home here. He was 79.

The latest on the arts, coverage of live events, critical reviews, multimedia extravaganzas and much more. Join the discussion.

The cause was a heart attack several hours after he fell off a ladder while pruning a palm tree, his wife, Patty, told The Los Angeles Times.

Mr. Sheffield beat out more than 300 youngsters for the role of Boy in the 1939 movie “Tarzan Finds a Son!” and went on to co-star with Johnny Weissmuller in seven more Tarzan films.

He later played another jungle boy, Bomba, in a dozen low-budget movies but quit the business after the last one 1955. He went on to earn a business degree at the University of California, Los Angeles, and worked for various companies and in contracting and real estate.

Mr. Sheffield was born on April 11, 1931, in Pasadena, Calif. His father, Reginald Sheffield, was an actor.

Besides his wife, The Los Angeles Times reported, Mr. Sheffield is survived by two sons, Patrick and Stewart; a daughter, Regina; a brother, William; and a grandson.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They seldom/never show these movies anymore. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a little marathon. I am guilty of loving the old black and white movies.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4087987;
    They seldom/never show these movies anymore. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a little marathon. I am guilty of loving the old black and white movies.
    When I was a kid in the '50s, we spent a lot of Saturdays at the movies. You could stay all day once you paid for admission! Sometimes, there would be a food drive and we could get admitted with a box of cereal or a can of corn.

My favorites were the old Johhn Weissmuller Tarzan movies. I adored him. I was envious of "Boy."
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4088854;
    When I was a kid in the '50s, we spent a lot of Saturdays at the movies. You could stay all day once you paid for admission! Sometimes, there would be a food drive and we could get admitted with a box of cereal or a can of corn.

My favorites were the old Johhn Weissmuller Tarzan movies. I adored him. I was envious of "Boy."
    I remember those days fondly. Admission was between .25 and .50, it was continuous performance, and you got the A movie, a B movie, a short subject, movie tone news, a cartoon, coming attractions, and no advertising. I did stay all day and evening for some of my favorite movies.
    That went on thorugh a lot of the '60's, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Aww, gee. Smokey Anderson, Jr., creator of Rocky and Bullwinkle, has died at the age of 90 from complications of Alzheimers. I've never been much into comics and cartoons, but I did love this one with no only Rocky and Bullwinkle, but Mr. Big, Boris Badenov, and Natasha. Thank you, Mr. Anderson, for bringing us such wonderful entertainment for the whole family.

Rocky and Bullwinkle Creator Dies - E! Online
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat"
    A montage of the four from the 1st season. Great series, brought me many hours of childhood enjoyment.

Another genius in Heaven now (or your choice of spiritual interpretation).

I always loved "Fractured Fairy Tales" the best. Must put it on list to seek out youtubes.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Mr. Peabody, and his boy, Sherman!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Fort Member

Oh I loved Fractured Fairy Tales had completely forgotten about them till now

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda;4092554;
    Oh I loved Fractured Fairy Tales had completely forgotten about them till now
    I'd forgotten, too, but I also loved them.

+ Reply to Thread