+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree456Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

So sad. Rest in Peace, you will be missed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Her age intrigued me as well.

Barbara was just two months (and 5 days) short of her 95th birthday. Could it really be that long ago that we watched Leave It To Beaver?

Jerry Mathers turned 62 back in June and Tony Dow was 65 on his last birthday in April.

Hugh Beaumont died back in 1982.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

They all match the ages exactly to my mother, her sister, and my grandmother. My mother always said it was an accurate representation of her childhood. What a stunning lady, and lived a long life. RIP

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

First Mrs. Cleaver, then Mr. Cunningham. Another TV icon is gone:

'Happy Days' dad Tom Bosley dies at 83
    Tony-winning actor became famous playing sage Mr. C on long-running series

Actor Tom Bosley, who rose to fame playing sage father Howard Cunningham on the long-running comedy series "Happy Days" has died at 83.

Bosley's agent, Sheryl Abrams, said Bosley died of heart failure at 4 a.m. Tuesday. She said he was also battling lung cancer.

TV Guide ranked Bosley's "Happy Days" character No. 9 on its list of the "50 Greatest TV Dads of All Time" in 2004. The show debuted in 1974 and ran for 11 seasons.

After "Happy Days" ended, Bosley went on to a recurring role in "Murder, She Wrote" as Sheriff Amos Tucker. He also was the crime-solving priest in television's "The Father Dowling Mysteries," which ran from 1989 to 1991.

“Since day one of ‘Happy Days,’ we as a cast have remained so wonderfully connected. He was our TV dad and a real life father-figure for the past 33 years,” Henry Winkler said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Tuesday. “He will be sorely missed. And our most positive thoughts go out to the family.”

Scott Baio told TMZ: "He was a good man who taught me a lot about the business and business itself. He was a professional guy ... I'm sad."
    Story: June Cleaver: the other mom we loved

In addition to playing Howard Cunningham on the long-running "Happy Days," Bosley won a Tony Award in 1960 for his performance as Fiorello La Guardia in "Fiorello!"

Bosley was born in Chicago to a real estate broker father and a former concert pianist mother. "We were fairly wealthy until the stock market crashed," Bosley told PEOPLE magazine in 1979. "When I was 2, my father lost all his money."

In 1945, he joined the Navy at age 17 before enrolling in pre-law at DePaul University. After a year, he turned to acting. He worked in stock theater in Illinois, along with fellow actor Paul Newman, until he moved to New York in 1950.

His most recent credit came on the big screen alongisde Jennifer Lopez in the 2010 film “The Back-Up Plan.”

Bosley is survived by his wife, Patricia Carr, and daughter Amy Bosley.

Services for the star will be held on Friday morning in Los Angeles.

Oh my they are falling like the leaves! Tom Bosley will always be remembered as the father on Happy Days!!

Little known Tom Bosley facts...

-He famously played the world's biggest WASP (Mr. Cunningham) and a Catholic Priest (Father Dowling) but was in fact Jewish.

-He was old friends with Paul Newman

-He met his wife (his 2nd wife) on the set of Happy Days (she guest starred as his Bowling partner). Here's a photo of them: http://shanacarr.tripod.com/sitebuil...amiejasamy.jpg

Interestingly enough, that picture kind of illustrates how Walk of Fame stars in Hollywood can pretty much simply be bought, because while his wife was an actress before they got married, her resume is pretty thin.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

His voice was as recognizable as his face. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace, Mr. C.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

+ Reply to Thread