+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 456 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree1932Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

Probably not really a celebrity, but I'm sure you've heard his "name" before

Post Mortem - Leonard Skinner, Namesake of "Lynyrd Skynyrd," Dies
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Eddie Fisher has died
    Entertainer Eddie Fisher Dies At 82

KTLA News
    10:07 p.m. PDT, September 23, 2010

BERKELEY-- Entertainer and 50s pop icon Eddie Fisher has died at the age of 82.

According to his daughter, Tricia Leigh Fisher, the singer died in his Berkely home due to complications from hip surgery Wednesday night.

Fisher sold millions of records in the early 1950s with hit songs including "Thinking of You," "Any Time" and "Oh, My Pa-pa." He developed a huge following of teenage girls thanks to his good looks.

However, Fisher was best known for the scandals related to his marriages to Debbie Reynolds and Elizabeth Taylor.

He married movie darling Debbie Reynolds in 1955 and they were touted as "America's favorite couple."

The couple's daughter Carrie Fisher later became a famous film and stage actress herself.

Fisher's best friend, producer Mike Todd, was killed in a plane crash in 1958. Fisher went to comfort his widow, movie starlet Elizabeth Taylor, and the two soon fell in love.

America was shocked when Fisher divorced Reynolds and married Taylor in 1959.

Fisher's career never recovered from the notoriety. He married actress Connie Stevens, and they had two daughters. Another divorce followed. He married twice more.
    Entertainer Eddie Fisher Dies At 82 - ktla.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I read his biography several years ago. He seemed very unhappy and driven. But in his day, he was very talented and people loved his singing. RIP Eddie.....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This morning, Ju-Ju Chen pronounced his hit song as "Oh My Poppa"! I could have smacked her after I stopped laughing!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He'll always be remember more for his leaving Debbie for Liz than his singing career......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

What a scandal that was back then.
    The man certainly had a lot of issues, but he was a terrific singer.
    RIP
    To Thine Own Self Be True

He was an outstanding singer. My grandmother, who was a friend of Jennie Grossinger, was at Grossinger's Hotel in the Catskills the night he was discovered by comedian Eddie Cantor. He had many hit songs in the 50's besides "Oh Mein Papa." There was a running debate among teenage girls at the time over who was better, Eddie Fisher or Perry Como.

Eddie and Debbie were pushed together by the studios, but I think he'd have had a happier life if he'd never met Liz. Connie Stevens was his third wife.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Wow, Florimel, I'd love to hear your grandmother's stories.
    She probably has / had a ton of them.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

What a beautiful woman and terrific actress she was.
    Glad she had the time to finally shine in her later years.
    RIP, Ms. Stuart

+ Reply to Thread