+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 324 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

She was a wonderful actress and a courageous woman. I've never seen her give a bad performance. And, affair or no, Roald Dahl was her lifeline as she fought to recover from her strokes. Gary Cooper was married when she had her affair with him. I don't consider the sex life of celebrities any of my business until rape or violence is involved; then it becomes a crime and should be reported.

Patricial Neal, you will be very much missed.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Farewell to Bobby Thompson, the man who hit the home run still known as "The Shot Heard 'Round the World," passed away at the age of 86. Although there have been many significant home runs hit before and since, that one that decided the 1951 National League pennant race between the New York Giants and the Brooklyn Dodgers (when those two teams were still where they belonged), is still the most celebrated one ever hit.

At that time, there were only eight teams in each league and there were no playoffs except in the event that two teams were tied at the end of the regular season. That was the case for the Dodgers and Giants and they played a 3-game playoff to decide the pennant. Bobby's home run decided it in game 3 in favor of the Giants.

Every New Yorker, even we Yankees fans, were riveted to that game. The Yankees beat the Giants in six games in the World Series.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Martins Short's wife of 30 years, Nancy Dolman, passed away Saturday. Fans of Soap will remember her as Annie, Chester's second wife. She was only 58 years old. She and Martin had 3 children

Martin Short's wife has died - CNN.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Mike Edwards (62) - former cellist - Electric Light Orchestra

Apparently, he was killed when a giant bale of hay rolled through a hedge and smashed the front of the vehicle he was traveling in.

WARNING: Although I don't consider it "gruesome", there is a picture of the van with the story.

ELO founding member Mike Edwards killed in freak runaway hay bale accident | Mail Online
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Serious case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LFO singer Rich Cronin dies of leukemia at 36

The Associated Press: Former LFO member Rich Cronin dies at 36

A said farewell from me to wonderful actor Harold Gould. He had a long career in movies and tv and was probably best known in his later years as Rhoda's father in The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda, and as Miles in Golden Girls. I also loved him in The Sting and many other roles he portrayed. He was 86 and will still working in 2010. He was actually the original Howard Cunningham in the Love American Style episode that inspired Happy Days. He celebrated his 50th wedding anniversry in August of this year.

I'll miss him.

RIP to both gentlemen.
    Two very class acts.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Billie Mae Richards, dead at 88 (or maybe 89)*

Voice of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer dies - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAYshow.com

*She was born in either 1921 or 1922. The articles I found were running about 50/50, although none gave the actually birth date.

+ Reply to Thread