+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 347 FirstFirst ... 408081828384858687888990919293949596979899100140190 ... LastLast
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

According to TMZ, Gary's ex may be in trouble with the police because she took a bunch of stuff, including a truck and computer equipment, from Gary's house. I guess the executor of Gary's will had the locks on the house changed, but not before she got in there and helped herself. The executor claims he'll press charges if she doesn't return the stuff. He could be a vulture too, but she's worse. Article here: Coleman Executor -- Give Back Gary's Truck! | TMZ.com

It makes me so sad to think that this is who Gary was with. How lonely do you have to be to put up with someone so disgusting?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It was just reported on our local news that country legend Jimmy Dean just passed away. I had the pleasure of meeting him when he was opening his chain of Jimmy Dean restaurants back in the '80's. A real nice polite pleasant man.

At the bottom of this mine lies a hell of a man

Country Music Hall of Famer Jimmy Dean dies at 81

Country Music Hall of Famer Jimmy Dean, whose "Big Bad John" was a genre-crossing smash, died Sunday night in Virginia. He was 81.

A bold personality who founded the highly successful sausage company that bears his name, Dean helped spread country music's popularity through his recordings and through his status as a national television personality.

"I was one of the lucky people who really got to know him," said fellow Hall of Famer Bill Anderson. "Beneath that bravado, there was a wonderful human being. I've never had a better friend."

Born in Olton, Texas, in 1928, Mr. Dean served in the United States Air Force before breaking into show business. He helped Patsy Cline and Roy Clark get their starts in music, and he split time in the 1950s between television projects and recording endeavors. In 1961, he hit with the recitation "Big Bad John."

That million-selling recording wound up atop the Billboard pop charts, and it was a Grammy for Best Country & Western Recording in 1962. It also helped Mr. Dean's star ascend to the point that he sometimes hosted The Tonight Show and also starred in his own television vehicle, ABC's The Jimmy Dean Show.

Mr. Dean had another major hit with the country chart-topping "The First Thing Ev'ry Morning (And the Last Thing Ev'ry Night)," and he recorded a Top 10 country hit in the 1970s with "I.O.U."

In 1969, Mr. Dean founded the Jimmy Dean Sausage Company, which was later acquired by Consolidated Foods. In 2004, he released an autobiography, 30 Years of Sausage, 50 Years of Ham.

Mr. Dean was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame this year, and was slated to attend a Medallion Ceremony commemorating his official induction in October. He is survived by his wife, Donna Meade Dean.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Aww, I met Jimmy Dean years ago when he was guest starring on a tv show I was working on. I found him to be charming and quite the flirt.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

And I will admit to having a teenage crush on Jimmy Dean. I buy his products now and then because of that crush.

Wow on his age. I didn't realize he was that much older than I was. RIP Jimmy
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3929009;
    They are apparently posted on globemagazine.come and are in the print version of Globe Magazine today. I really hope I don't see them in the grocery store check out line. It grosses me out that someone would do that to someone they were supposed to love.
    Saw the cover while on line at the market yesterday. Awful. Large picture of the "wife" with her face close to Gary's as he's hooked up to tubes on his death bed.

The man found himself one classy broad there.

I didn't pick it up but likely there were more pics inside. I didn't even bother to read the headlines. It makes you shake your head and wonder if there is any level some people will refuse to sink to in order to grab a buck.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/M...1910?GT1=39002

NBA fans will remember the buzz Bol created when he entered the league, but his biggest impact was off the hardwood. May he rest in peace.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Fanatic

R.I.P. Manute, a gentle giant.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread