+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 320 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788128178 ... LastLast
Like Tree458Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

Just watched her husband on The Sopranos, less than 1 hour ago. Definitely a shock.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Sad news about Dixie Carter. I assume from the family statement that she was ill for some time. Class act.

No! She was one of my favorite role models. I will always remember one episode of Designing Women, where she says something like, "If you have class, you have it, no matter where you are. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch Craig drink beer from a funnel." She definitely had class, and I'll miss her. Rest in peace, Dixie.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heard, this morning, that it was cancer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This is a fantastic article listing Dixie's best moments from Designing Women, complete with links to the YouTube vids. Dixie Carter's five best 'Designing Women' moments - CNN.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

THe news here this morning said she died from endometrial cancer.
    They lived in LA, but she passed in Houston. Not sure if she was appearing in a play there at the time.
    So sad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3875110;
    This is a fantastic article listing Dixie's best moments from Designing Women, complete with links to the YouTube vids. Dixie Carter's five best 'Designing Women' moments - CNN.com
    Thanks for the link. I think she pretty much owned every episode. My personal favorite being the one where she thinks Reese is going to propose but he gives her a bird instead, which causes her to take to her bed for days. I'll miss her.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Peter Lopez - one of Michael Jackson's music attorney and husband of Catherine (Daisy Duke) Bach.

Catherine Bach's husband Peter Lopez dead of a gunshot - The Dish Rag - Zap2it
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I guess a lot of younger people won't remember her, but Dorothy Provine died last week of emphysema. Most of her success was on tv, but she was in such film classics as "The Great Race," It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World," and "Good Neighbor Sam." I always enjoyed her work.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

For As The World Turns fans - Nancy Hughes has passed away.

Helen Wagner, 'As the World Turns' Actress, Dies At 91 - Speakeasy - WSJ
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread