+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 351 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121171 ... LastLast
Like Tree842Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3854799;
    Oh, I am saddened by this. I've know for years that he was the younger brother of Jim Arness. I think their real name was Aurness. I remember Peter Graves in Fury, in Stalag 17, and of course in Mission Impossible (the intelligent and witty tv show with a great ensemble cast, not the dreaful hack-and-slash movies drenched in mindless violence and special effects.)

Another good actor with a successful marriage, he was married to the same woman since 1950. I shall miss him.
    Whoa, Stalag 17? That was a thought-provoking and awesome movie. I apologize to Peter and his family that I didn't recall that he was in it. I need to see it again.

Peter Graves RIP
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Had no idea Peter Graves was related to James Arness. Both very good actors. How rare to have two siblings with solid acting careers.

Had forgotten about him in Stalag 17 - he was great! Loved him in Airplane too. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3854913;
    Whoa, Stalag 17? That was a thought-provoking and awesome movie. I apologize to Peter and his family that I didn't recall that he was in it. I need to see it again.

Peter Graves RIP
    I'll spoiler this for anyone who hasn't yet seen Stalag 17, and it is a movie that should be seen. Peter Graves played
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the prisoner who was actually the German spy.
    . There were so many great performances in that movie, it can be hard to remember his.

Hogan's Heroes has long been considered a comedic version of Stalag 17. CBS was actaully sued for copyright infringement because there are so many similarities in character and plot.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The original Mission Impossible was just terrific. In a class by itself.

And, who didn't love him in Airplane?

RIP, Mr. Graves
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Ahhhh, I just feel like there has been so much death lately....not only celebrities but in my own personal life. And a lot of young people!! It just makes me so sad
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

MRD

I LOVED Mission Impossible. So sad about Peter Graves.

Here is what happened when I was telling my husband about it yesterday. I know it's sad that he died, but the exchange we had about it ended up like Who's on First. I am going to quit telling my husband anything as all conversation is ending up like this lately.

Me: Peter Graves died.
    husband: Is his brother still alive?
    Me: who's his brother?
    husband: Dezi Arnez.
    Me: Dezi Arnez? He's been dead forever. Are you sure?
    husband: yeah, his brother was Dezi Arnez.
    Me: Dezi Arnez was married to Lucille Ball and was Cuban. I'm pretty sure Peter Graves was NOT Cuban.

husband: His brothers name was Arnez.
    Me: well it was NOT Dezi, I can assure you.
    husband: He was on Gunsmoke, the Sherriff, Matt Dillon.
    Me: OHHH, you mean James Arness.
    husband: that's what I said.
    Me: (banging my head against the wall), you have NO idea WHO it is you're talking about.
    husband: well they were both on tv at the same time. Gunsmoke and Mission Impossible. I liked them both.
    Me: youíre changing the subject because you canít remember his name and are embarrassed that you thought his brother was a Cuban band leader and comedian.
    husband: well he was funny in Airplane.
    Me: Peter Graves was in Airplane, not anyone named Arnez or Arness.
    husband: Yeah, thatís what I said.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why couldn't I have been there?????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3855593;
    I LOVED Mission Impossible. So sad about Peter Graves.

Here is what happened when I was telling my husband about it yesterday. I know it's sad that he died, but the exchange we had about it ended up like Who's on First. I am going to quit telling my husband anything as all conversation is ending up like this lately.

Me: Peter Graves died.
    husband: Is his brother still alive?
    Me: who's his brother?
    husband: Dezi Arnez.
    Me: Dezi Arnez? He's been dead forever. Are you sure?
    husband: yeah, his brother was Dezi Arnez.
    Me: Dezi Arnez was married to Lucille Ball and was Cuban. I'm pretty sure Peter Graves was NOT Cuban.

husband: His brothers name was Arnez.
    Me: well it was NOT Dezi, I can assure you.
    husband: He was on Gunsmoke, the Sherriff, Matt Dillon.
    Me: OHHH, you mean James Arness.
    husband: that's what I said.
    Me: (banging my head against the wall), you have NO idea WHO it is you're talking about.
    husband: well they were both on tv at the same time. Gunsmoke and Mission Impossible. I liked them both.
    Me: youíre changing the subject because you canít remember his name and are embarrassed that you thought his brother was a Cuban band leader and comedian.
    husband: well he was funny in Airplane.
    Me: Peter Graves was in Airplane, not anyone named Arnez or Arness.
    husband: Yeah, thatís what I said.

Who's on first?
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Put me down on the list that didn't know Peter Graves and James Arness were brothers... Rest in Peace Peter!

From what I read James dropped the U in their name Aurness and Peter took his Grandfather's name so that he wouldn't be confused with his brother.
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3856033;

Who's on first?
    Dagwood, "Who's on first?" is a brilliant comedy routine by Abbott and Costello that is as funny today as it was 60 years ago. Here's a link to watch it. The video quality isn't great, but fair warning. Do not drink anything while this is playing.

YouTube - Who's On First?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread