+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 339 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

So Heath's beneficiary (his father I think) isn't going to provide for Matilida? I know he doesn't have to but I thought he said he would (any maybe has). Or maybe Heath's peers just want to make sure she is covered just in case. Also, Michelle Williams, although not too much in demand as an actress, has some of her own money. Still, it was a very nice gesture.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3170141;
    it's actually not 'baptists' that are picketing ... this westboro church are the nutjobs that protest everything, claiming that god hates gays and that everytime someone dies it's because god is punishing america for tolerating gays. they even picket at military funerals ... they're complete whackos.
    I am very familiar with them. I used to work at Santana High School in CA. You may recall we had a deadly school shooting there. Two students were killed and another 13 injured. The Westboro church chose to picket the graduation that year. We had to have police protection to keep them off the campus and at a civil distance. Their whack-job reasoning as you stated, is that God is punishing America for being tolerant to gay folks. That was a memorable graduation to say the least.
    Susan

I'm terribly sad about this. He was an absolutely incredible musician, and a real joy to see play live.

I saw a piece on an entertainment show about the concert they had to put on only a few hours after they learned of his passing. It was gut wrenching to see them on stage singing with so many raw emotions.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Another Gone With The Wind actor is gone. Rest in peace, Mr. Crane.

Entertainment - Actor with 'Gone With the Wind' opening line dies

Actor with 'Gone With the Wind' opening line dies
    entertainment-20080825-Obit.Crane

ATLANTA Fred Crane, the one-time actor whose Southern accent won him a slot as one of Scarlett O'Hara's beaux and the opening line in "Gone With the Wind," has died.

Crane, who played one of the Tarleton twins in the 1939 classic, was 90. His wife, Terry Lynn Crane, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he died on Thursday of complications from diabetes. She declined to give details.

The couple had lived in Barnesville south of Atlanta, where they operated Tarleton Oaks. The bed and breakfast was named for his character in the film, Brent Tarleton.

The other Tarleton twin was played by George Reeves, who later gained TV immortality as Superman.

Born in New Orleans, Crane stumbled into his role on "Gone With the Wind." He was not yet an actor when he accompanied a cousin who wanted to audition for the movie.

The casting director liked the 20-year-old's Southern twang, and he wound up being cast.

The film opens with Crane's character asking O'Hara, played by Vivien Leigh: "What do we care if we were expelled from college, Scarlett? The war is going to start any day now, so we'd have left college anyhow."

Her reply to Crane and Reeves contains one of the movie's classic lines: "Fiddle-dee-dee. War, war, war. This war talk's spoiling all the fun at every party this spring. I get so bored I could scream."

Crane also had roles in the 1949 Cisco Kid movie "The Gay Amigo," and acted on television during the 1960s. He also hosted a classical music radio show in Los Angeles for 40 years.

He did not attend the 1939 premiere of "Gone With the Wind" and for decades he did not exploit his role. But Crane did channel his character later, at Tarleton Oaks, located in a 19th century mansion.

He sold the business, as well as his own movie memorabilia, last year.

Crane was married five times and is survived by four children, eight grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Dr. Dre's 20-Year-Old Son Found Dead - Dr. Dre : People.com

Dr. Dre's 20-Year-Old Son Found Dead
    By Nicholas White and Eileen Finan

Originally posted Tuesday August 26, 2008 01:15 PM EDT

The son of hip-hop producer Dr. Dre died over the weekend, the music star's rep confirmed to PEOPLE.

Andre Young Jr., 20, was discovered "unresponsive" by his mother at his home in Woodland Hills, Calif., on Saturday morning, according to the L.A. County Coroner's office.

"Dr. Dre is mourning the loss of his son," his rep Lori Earl says in a statement. "Please respect his family's grief and privacy at this time."

Young's mother told police that she attempted to rouse her son at 10:24 a.m. on Saturday, and when she couldn't, she called paramedics. They pronounced him dead at the scene.

Young "had been out with friends" the previous night and returned home around 5:30 a.m., according to L.A. County Coroner's assistant chief Ed Winter. An autopsy was performed Monday. No foul play is expected.

Dr. Dre, whose given name is Andre Young, is one of hip-hop's most prolific musicians. After achieving national spotlight with the rap group N.W.A., Dr. Dre in 1992 released the influential CD, The Chronic, which included the Grammy-winning single "Let Me Ride."

Dr. Dre has four other children: sons Curtis, 26, Marcel, 17, and Truth, 11, and daughter Truly, 7.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3177637;
    Another Gone With The Wind actor is gone. Rest in peace, Mr. Crane.

Entertainment - Actor with 'Gone With the Wind' opening line dies
    I just heard this today and it got me thinking about if any of them are still alive. I searched on Evelyn Keyes (Suellen O'Hara) and found that she died July, 2008, but don't remember anything about that in the news. She was a talented actress with a pretty long career, did a lot of film noir and did tv guest starring roles in the early 1990's. She was married to four pretty powerful men and had affairs with several others. She led quite an interesting life. I liked her.

I think that Alicia Rhett (India Wilkes) born in 1915 is still alive and Ann Rutherford (Carreen O'Hara) born in 1920 is also still alive.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I remember when Evelyn Keyes died, I was afraid it was Olivia DeHaviland. She was born in 1916 and is still alive.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Yes, Olivia de Haviland is still alive and so is her sister, Joan Fontaine, born in 1917 and Oscar Winner Luise Rainer, born in 1910! These were actresses.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3178385;
    I just heard this today and it got me thinking about if any of them are still alive. I searched on Evelyn Keyes (Suellen O'Hara) and found that she died July, 2008, but don't remember anything about that in the news. She was a talented actress with a pretty long career, did a lot of film noir and did tv guest starring roles in the early 1990's. She was married to four pretty powerful men and had affairs with several others. She led quite an interesting life. I liked her.

I think that Alicia Rhett (India Wilkes) born in 1915 is still alive and Ann Rutherford (Carreen O'Hara) born in 1920 is also still alive.
    Yes, Alicia Rhett is still alive. She is a renowned artist in Charleston S.C. Interestingly enough, in addition to her character, India, she was also Clark Gable's dialog coach for the movie, as Charlestonians have a specific way of speaking.
    Susan

+ Reply to Thread