+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 339 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119169 ... LastLast
Like Tree709Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Feldman's statement: (from his blogity blog)

R.I.P. COREY IAN HAIM 1971-2009 « The Feldman Journal
    I was awakened at 8:30 this morning by my brother and sister knocking on my bedroom door. They informed me of the loss of my brother Corey Haim. My eyes weren’t even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face. I am so sorry for Corey, his mother Judy, his family, my family, all of our fans, and of course my son who I will have to find a way to explain this to when he gets home from school. This is a tragic loss of a wonderful,beautiful,tormented soul, who will always be my brother,family, and best friend. We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference. Please respect our families as we struggle and grieve through this difficult time. I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived. ~ Corey

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

THanks for posting that, Krom.
    That's a lovely tribute by Feldman.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3852159;
    Corey Haim -- at 38?? Wow - It does not really surprise me. He was good in Lucas however- I think that was the only movie I ever liked with him. I for sure thought Feldman would go first.
    Feldman, I believe, has been sober for quite a while, before he got married (he & his wife have split now). Haim was a hardcore addict. The Two Coreys was painful to watch for that reason. He was so angry and unhappy - just a lost soul.

Considering how erratic Feldman's behaviour was after Michael Jackson's death, I expected a more dramatic reaction from him, but his blog entry is...nice. The line about how to treat people while they're still here is very heartfelt. It's heartbreaking to watch a friend get sucked into a terminal addiction, and once they're beyond your reach you wonder what you should have done differently.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

It saddened me to hear this earlier. I loved Corey Haim. And 38 is way too young to die. Rest in peace, Corey.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I think a lot of these young actors just get paid too much, and get too much attention. If you have any issues at all, they are just magnified by all the people watching you. I see a lot of uncomfortableness and agitation from Kristen Stewart. I am not saying she is on drugs at all, but she is another one right now that I think the fame is getting to her. So many talented actors just lose their way. Corey could have been a great actor in great movies, but he let the fame get to him, and once you have the money and have traveled, had the nicest homes and cars, and you get all the extras for free you need, partying is all that is left for some. I hope he is at peace now, and I give my prayers to everyone that loved him to get through this time.

Corey Feldman has asked the press to stop saying that Corey Haim died of a drug overdose because the toxicology is not back yet. Even if Corey was clean when he died, I just can't believe that his past drug use didn't play a part in his death. Still, I appreciate that CF is being a loyal friend.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Merlin Olsen, a Pro Football Hall of Famer and former television actor, has died at the age of 69 after a battle with cancer.
    The six-foot-five defensive tackle was part of the "Fearsome Foursome" defensive line for the then Los Angeles Rams along with Deacon Jones, Rosey Grier and Lamar Lundy. The line helped the Rams set an NFL record for the fewest yards allowed during a 14-game season in 1968.
    Olsen played in an NFL record 14 all-star games and was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1982.
    He later served on the hall's board of trustees.
    "We are deeply saddened to learn of Merlin’s passing," Hall of Fame president and executive director Steve Perry said in a statement. "He was not only an extraordinary football player but just a superb human being."
    Olsen was a staple on television for nearly 20 years after retiring from the game in 1976.
    He began dabbling with acting before his playing career was over, and played a supporting role for several seasons as Jonathan Garvey on Little House on the Prairie.
    He developed a gentle giant persona on the small screen and was later cast as the lead in two NBC series: Father Murphy, which ran from 1981 to 1983, and Aaron's Way, from 1988.
    Olsen stayed in football as a commentator — most notably paired with play-by-play man Dick Enberg — and was a longtime television spokesperson for FTD Florists.
    Last year, he was diagnosed with mesothelioma, a form of cancer that attacks the lining of internal organs and is most commonly found in people who have been exposed to asbestos.
    Olsen filed a lawsuit last year against NBC Universal and 20th Century Fox, alleging they negligently exposed him to asbestos.
    Tributes began not long after the illness was announced.
    At his alma mater, Utah State, the football field at Romney Stadium was named Merlin Olsen Field in December, while the St. Louis Rams in the same month honoured him during a game with a tribute narrated by Enberg.
    Olsen was an All-American at Utah State. He was selected second overall in the AFL draft by the Denver Broncos in 1962.
    The Rams had two high picks in the NFL draft, taking Roman Gabriel second and Olsen third after Washington selected Ernie Davis, who would die of leukemia before playing an NFL game.
    CBC News - Arts - NFL great, actor Merlin Olsen dies
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3852460;
    I think a lot of these young actors just get paid too much, and get too much attention. If you have any issues at all, they are just magnified by all the people watching you. I see a lot of uncomfortableness and agitation from Kristen Stewart. I am not saying she is on drugs at all, but she is another one right now that I think the fame is getting to her. So many talented actors just lose their way. Corey could have been a great actor in great movies, but he let the fame get to him, and once you have the money and have traveled, had the nicest homes and cars, and you get all the extras for free you need, partying is all that is left for some. I hope he is at peace now, and I give my prayers to everyone that loved him to get through this time.
    Brittany Spears
    Lyndsay Lohan
    Mischa Barton

to name a few more, not that they're all that talented, but definitely young folks who have found fame and fortune at a young age and dont' know how to handle it - and dont' have people around them to keep them grounded.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I think we can find as high a percentage of young people (and older people) today who are not ultra-rich and famous and who are not in show business that have problems with drugs, depression, and suicide. It's becoming more prevalent through all strata of society.

We can also see a long list of child actors who have grown up to lead happy and successful lives, such as Neil Patrick Harris, Ron and Clint Howard, Natalie Portman, Jodie Foster, Mark-Paul Gosselear, Rick Shroeder, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, George Clooney, Bill Mumy, to name a few.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Merlin Olsen He'll always be Mr. Garvey (Little House) for me.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread