+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 309 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

FORT Fogey

Re: Rest In Peace.

All these young actors dying from drugs. I guess when you get all the money you want there is nothing left to work for, and you just end up empty on the inside. I guess money and fame is not all it is cracked up to be.

I loved him in The Lost Boys R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3851828;
    I did too. So sad.

I just saw the news about Corey on CNN. It's very sad, but I'm not surprised.

He was in two of my favorite movies: Lucas and Murphy's Romance. 38 is way too young.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3851828;
    I just heard about this. So sad!!
    The Lost Boys is such a fantastically campy movie. I loved both of the Coreys in it!!

ETA - I'm not sure I've ever watched Lucas. I'm going to go add it to my Netflix queue now...
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 03-10-2010 at 01:29 PM.

I was right in there bashing his bad behaviour when The Two Coreys was on A&E, but I felt really awful when I heard the news this morning. Another sad, wasted life because of drugs.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

How awful I loved the two Corey's, especially in License to Drive (my personal favorite of their genre together). For everyone who envy's Hollywood and thinks these people have it all, look at how many lose their lives to drugs. What a waste. I know he's had drug issues going way back, but it's unfortuante he couldn't overcome it.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3851968;
    How awful I loved the two Corey's, especially in License to Drive (my personal favorite of their genre together). For everyone who envy's Hollywood and thinks these people have it all, look at how many lose their lives to drugs. What a waste. I know he's had drug issues going way back, but it's unfortuante he couldn't overcome it.
    Amen to that.
    I've seen far too many lose their lives to drugs.

RIP
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Just awful news-as everyone said just way to young to be finished with life. Hell, most don't know enough to truly start iving until they reach 40. I know he had the drug history and everything, but you still feel badly when they go so soon.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

From a pure cultural standpoint, I can claim Corey Haim had any great effect. Face it--most of those movies weren't especially good. But from a human standpoint its a crying shame for him to go like this.

But I will admit to WAY back, even before The Lost Boys, seeing "Lucas" though and thinking he was great in it (and maybe even destined for a major career). But the rest of his career never lived up to that film. And that makes me wonder.

So I guess an expression "what a waste" almost seems redundant. Any time someone kills themselves with drugs is a major waste. But I also wonder from way back, if he'd pursued more serious roles, what might have happened.

On a lighter note, I wonder if Roseanne Barr will have anything obnoxious to say about this on her crappy blog. I'm still half amused, and half totally appalled, after she practically accused Marie Osmond the other day of snuffing out her son's life with an anti-gay attitude.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Corey Haim -- at 38?? Wow - It does not really surprise me. He was good in Lucas however- I think that was the only movie I ever liked with him. I for sure thought Feldman would go first.

+ Reply to Thread