+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 347 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Re: Rest In Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3818231;

So sad. She will be missed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3818231;
    Oh, she was great. I remember when the actor who played Tom passed away and they had a moving tribute to him. Though I don't watch the show anymore, I'm sure they'll have the same for her. RIP, Frances.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3818527;
    Oh, she was great. I remember when the actor who played Tom passed away and they had a moving tribute to him. Though I don't watch the show anymore, I'm sure they'll have the same for her. RIP, Frances.
    I bawled my eyes out when they did the tribute to McDonald Carey.

British designer Alexander McQueen has died.

Alexander McQueen found dead at home - Yahoo! News

Sandra Bullock wore one of his designs at the SAG awards this year.

He was only 40! It sounds like he was dealing with depression, although there haven't been any details released about how he died. So sad. He was very talented
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The news I heard this morning said he had hanged himself. Very sad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Apparently, his mother had died a few days before he suicided, and one of his adored mentors had suicided a few years ago after being diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

"The Knack" founder and lead guitarist/vocalist Doug Feiger passed away.
    "My Sharona" was on the soundtrack of my youth.

Knack's lead singer Doug Fieger dies at 57 | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

So sad. Rest in peace, Andrew.

Body of Growing Pains Star Andrew Koenig Found | Comcast.net

Body of Growing Pains Star Andrew Koenig Found

The search for Andrew Koenig has come to a tragic end.

After a high-profile, weeklong hunt for the former Growing Pains star, Vancouver police announced Thursday that they believe they have found the body of the 41-year-old in the park where he was last seen alive 11 days ago.

The remains were discovered around noon in the expansive Stanley Park. More details are expected to be announced at a 5 p.m. press conference.

Police launched an exhaustive search for the actor-filmmaker on Sunday, when he was reported missing after failing to board his flight back to the U.S.

Koenig, who had a history of depression, was last seen just two days earlier, on Feb. 14.

His disappearance prompted multiple public and heartfelt pleas from his parents, Walter and Judith Koenig, while numerous famous friends sounded the alarm online.

I've been following that story all week and it was pretty obvious that they weren't going to find him alive. He'd given 30 days notice to his landlord and cleaned out his apartment completely - he obviously planned this. I really feel for his parents. I can't imagine how helpless they must have felt watching him struggle with depression, and not be able to help him.

RIP Andrew
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread