+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 307 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree319Likes

Thread: Rest In Peace.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Rest In Peace.

Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I am not surprised, and that's the sad thing about that...
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Vice President Biden's mother, Jean Biden, died today. She was 92.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I saw that on Comcast. My prayers are with the Biden family.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Oh that is horrible! I thought she already died though. I must have confused her with someone else! I really do love the Bidens. I will keep them in my prayers.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

You can tell a lot about a man (and to that extent, how a mom raised him) by how he treats his mom. Biden had nothing but respect for his mom and I am sure he is heartbroken.

Miep Gies, the woman who helped keep the Frank family in hiding and who discovered Anne Frank's diary, passed away on Monday.

She always said she was an ordinary person, and it's nice to think that in the same circumstances, most people would be as selfless and brave as she was, but most of us will never have to prove that as she did. May she rest in peace.

Teddy suffered way too much the last years of his life. RIP Teddy.

R&B singer Teddy Pendergrass dies at 59 - CNN.com

(CNN) -- R&B legend Teddy Pendergrass died Wednesday evening, his former publicist said. He was 59.

Pendergrass, known for smash love ballads such as "Turn Off the Lights" and "Love TKO," died after a long illness, according to Lisa Barbaris, who described herself as a close friend and his last publicist.

He died at a hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he was born.

His family did not reveal details about his illness, but said it was related to complications from a 1982 car accident, Barbaris said.

"His beloved family surrounded him. The world has lost one of its greatest voices and performers," a statement from Barbaris said.

"His family is devastated. He has three children and, even though it was expected, it still hurts," she said.

The crooner, who many affectionately knew as just "Teddy," started in music with a group called the Cadillacs in the late 1960s and was still with the group when it merged with Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, according to his official Web site.

He started as a drummer, but soon began to sing lead after the group heard his powerful voice.

In 1972, Pendergrass's baritone could be heard on the classic Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes song "If You Don't Know Me by Now."

The song became a No. 1 hit across the country and led Pendergrass to many other hits and accolades.

After going solo, Pendergrass received several Grammy nominations, Billboard's 1977 Pop Album New Artist Award and an American Music Award for best R&B performer of 1978, Barbaris said.

In 1982, Pendergrass was involved in a car accident that left him paralyzed. But Pendergrass returned to the studio in 1984 in his wheelchair to record an album.

Before his death, Pendergrass was working on a musical documenting his life, called "I Am Who I Am."

Aw, that's a sad one, Unk. He did have a rough time of it.

I loved his voice. R.I.P Teddy
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

So sorry to hear about Teddy. What a voice! He did suffer far too much. May he rest in peace.

+ Reply to Thread